CIP 513801 (NR1)
This program is designed to prepare ACC graduates for employment as registered nurses. The beginning professional nurse will have developed entry-level skills for employment in hospitals and other health care settings. Clinical nursing courses include supervised patient care experiences at a variety of health care agencies. For information about the nursing program application, go to http://www.arapahoe.edu/departments-and-programs/a-z-programs. Call 303.797.5939 or email nursing [at] arapahoe [dot] edu (nursing[at]arapahoe[dot]edu) with questions.
The Nursing Program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), formerly the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC). The contact information for ACEN is: 3390 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 1400, Atlanta Georgia 30326. The telephone number is 404.975.5000 and website is www.acenursing.org
The Nursing Program is approved by the Colorado State Board of Nursing (CSBON) located at 1560 Broadway, Suite 1350, Denver, CO 80202. CSBON's website is dpo.colorado.gov/Nursing; the telephone number is 303.894.2430.
The Nursing Program is also approved by the State Board of Colorado Community College Occupational and Education Programs. Arapahoe Community College is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA).
Upon successful completion of program requirements, the graduate is eligible to take the NCLEX-RN (National Council of Licensure Examination - Registered Nursing). The website for information on the exam is http://www.ncsbn.org.
The ACC Nursing Program is housed in the School of Health and Public Services Division, office phone number is 303.797.5798. The Nursing Assistant's phone number is 303.797.5939.
Admission Requirements are briefly noted below - for detailed information and pertinent dates go to http://www.arapahoe.edu/departments-and-programs/a-z-programs/nursing-program-0
- Admission to Arapahoe Community College
- Nursing Program Application (different than application to ACC)
- Completion of ENG 1021, PSY 2440, BIO 2101, HPR 1010 or HWE 1050, with a cumulative GPA for these classes of at least a 3.0
- Attend an Information session
- Complete Nursing Program Application
- Hold a CNA certificate in the State of Colorado
- HESI Nursing Entrance Exam is required for students. Students must score at least a 70 on reading comprehension, grammar, vocabulary, and general knowledge under English Language and a 70 on the composite Math score.
- Select any Humanities or Social Behavioral Science Guaranteed Transfer (GT) Course
- Apply for graduation online at www.arapahoe.edu/graduation.
- As a graduate of a Career and Technical Education program you will be contacted by an ACC employee in approximately six months to verify your employment information. This information gathering is a federal requirement to ensure that ACC receives certain federal funding.