Spanish Transfer Major, AA
CIP 240101 (SPAN)
The purpose of a statewide articulation agreement is to identify the courses a student at a Colorado public community college must complete as part of an AA/AS degree to be guaranteed to be able to complete the designated baccalaureate degree program at any public four-year college and university (hereafter referred to as receiving institutions) that offers that program within the minimum number of credits designated by the Colorado Commission on Higher Education.
For more information about this transfer degree please refer to the Colorado Department of Higher Education website.
- ENG 122 - English Composition II: GT-CO2 3 Credits AND
- GT - One GT Pathways -approved CO3 course (GTCO3)
- GT - One GT Pathways Arts & Humanities course (GTAH1, GT-AH2, GT-AH3, GT-AH4)
*NOTE: Those students who have a higher proficiency level than is required for SPA 211 or SPA 212 should substitute other Arts and Humanities courses. Heritage speakers may substitute SPA 261 - Grammar for the Heritage Language Speaker and SPA 262 (Comp-Heritage Language Speaker), if available
- GT - Two GT Pathways Social & Behavioral Sciences courses (GT-SS1, GT-SS2, SS3)
- GT - Two GT Pathways Natural & Physical Sciences courses (GT-SC1, GT-SC2) One of these courses must have the required lab.
Please Note: If these credits are not required for the major at a receiving 4-year institution, they will be applied to the Bachelor's degree as elective credit towards graduation. Please check with the receiving institution to determine in which way these courses will be applied.
Elective credit must be completed from the following lists of approved prefixes or courses to bring the total credit hours to 60.
- 200-level Spanish courses outside the Spanish department with content related to the Spanish-speaking world.
- Any Guaranteed Transfer course.
- Any course in the following prefixes except Special Topics, Independent Study, Capstone, and Internships: ANT, ART, BIO (100 OR above), CHE, ECO, HIS, HUM, LIT, MUS, PED, PHI, PHY (105 OR above), POS, PSY, SOC.
- ENG 131 - Technical Writing I: GT-CO1 3 Credits (OR higher ENG course)
- HWE 124 - Fitness and Wellness 2 Credits
- MAT 120 - Mathematics for Liberal Arts: GT-MA1 4 Credits (OR higher MAT course)
- ANY Foreign Language (including ASL) numbered 111 or higher
Any additional courses taken in the discipline covered by this agreement might not count toward the requirements of the major at the receiving institution.
All courses required for this degree must be completed with a "C" or better to be considered for transfer to another Colorado institution. Transferability of courses to colleges or universities outside of Colorado is determined by the receiving institution.
- Apply for graduation online at www.arapahoe.edu/graduation.