Practical Nursing Certificate
CIP 513801 (NR1)
This Practical Nurse (PN) certificate is available only to those students who have been accepted into the registered nursing program and have completed all prerequisites, the first two semester courses, and NUR 169. The certificate prepares the nursing student to take the practical nursing licensure examination and to practice as a licensed practical nurse, offered only as an alternative Nursing Pathway Option. Contact the Nursing Department at 303.797.5939 for more information.
*The following courses, BIO 201, ENG 121, PSY 235, and HPR 108 (11 credit hours) must be taken prior to Nursing Program application submittal. They must be completed with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 with no grade less than a "C"
* (for Practical Nursing Certificate only)
* NUR 169 is offered infrequently. Contact the Nursing Department at 303.797.5939 for more information.
Upon successful completion of BIO 201, BIO 202, BIO 204, ENG 121, PSY 235, HPR 108, MAT 103, NUR 106, NUR 109, NUR 112, NUR 150, NUR 169, with a grade of "C" or better, students will receive a practical nursing certificate. Then they may apply to take the NCLEX-PN (National Council of Licensure Examination-Practical Nursing) exam through the Colorado Board of Nursing.
Admission Requirements are briefly noted below - for detailed information and pertinent dates go to http://www.arapahoe.edu/departments-and-programs/a-z-programs/nursing-program-0
- Admission to Arapahoe Community College
- Acceptance in the AAS-Nursing program
- Approval by the ACC Nursing Program Director
- Apply for graduation online at www.arapahoe.edu/graduation.
- As a graduate of a Career and Technical Education program you will be contacted by an ACC employee in approximately six months to verify your employment information. This information gathering is a federal requirement to ensure that ACC receives certain federal funding.
- Information regarding occupations, completion rates, placement rates, program costs and median loan debt may be found at www.arapahoe.edu/departments-and-programs/gainful-employment-disclosure-information.