Medical Assistant Certificate
CIP 510801 (MA2)
The Medical Assistant Certificate enables a student to get a job as a fully-fledged MA for the front and back office of a medical office. In addition to doing reception work in the office, an MA also does patient care including laboratory work and injections in an ambulatory care facility. The curriculum is designed to facilitate the correlation between theory and clinical practice while exercising critical thinking proficiency.
- Admission to Arapahoe Community College
- Complete MOT Program Application
- Personal interview with the MOT Program Coordinator
- HIT students do not need permission from the MOT department in order to complete MOT 125 , MOT 133 and MOT 135
- Criminal Background Check
- College Placement Test is required for all MAP students (scores of 96 or higher in Reading and a 5 on the Essay, OR 80 in Reading and a 6 on the Essay, and MAT 050 or equivalent placement test scores.
- All major, general education and other courses required for these certificates/degrees must be completed with a "C" or better to meet graduation requirements.
- Medical Office Technology (MOT) courses must be taken within five years of a student's graduation.
- Apply for graduation online at www.arapahoe.edu/graduation.
- As a graduate of a Career and Technical Education program you will be contacted by an ACC employee in approximately six months to verify your employment information. This information gathering is a federal requirement to ensure that ACC receives certain federal funding.
- Information regarding occupations, completion rates, placement rates, program costs and median loan debt may be found at www.arapahoe.edu/departments-and-programs/gainful-employment-disclosure-information.