Workforce & Community Programs
- Professional and Career Programs
- Personal Enrichment Programs
- Colorado Training Grants
- Workforce and Community Programs Registration
- Online Courses
- Workforce and Community Programs Instructors
Colorado Training Grants
Relocating or expanding your business in Colorado? Access Colorado Training Grant Funds and partner with ACC to ensure your workforce is ready to succeed.
Train Your Workforce
By securing grants through the Colorado First and Existing Industry Customized Job Training Programs, you can ensure your workforce has the technology training they need to succeed—and ensure your company remains competitive. Before applying, we encourage you to reach out to ACC to discuss your eligibility. You may acc [dot] wcp [at] arapahoe [dot] edu (email us) or call us at 303.797.5722.
Colorado First and Existing Industry Grant Program
By providing grants to existing companies as well as those that are locating to or expanding in Colorado, the Colorado First and Existing Industry Customized Job Training Programs support Colorado’s workforce development. Reimbursing job training costs increases transferable job skills that not only benefit workers, but also help companies to be competitive for the long term.
The Existing Industry program focuses on helping established Colorado companies remain competitive within their industry, adapt to new technology, and prevent layoffs.
The Colorado First program assists with training funds for new hires for companies that are relocating or expanding in Colorado.
Both programs are jointly administered by the Colorado Community College System (CCCS) and the Colorado Office of Economic Development and International Trade (OEDIT) and managed through participating colleges, including ACC.
Grant Application Criteria
Before applying for a grant, we encourage you to contact ACC to discuss your eligibility. Here is the application criteria:
- Maximum grant awards are $1,200/FTE for Colorado First and $1,000/FTE for Existing Industry.
- Grant-funded training must be for permanent, full-time, non-seasonal, non-retail positions in Colorado, which have significant career opportunities and require substantive instruction.
- Grants are only awarded to companies that meet a sustainable wage threshold: in urban areas; employers must pay an average wage of at least $13/hour; average wage in rural areas must be at least $10/hour.
- All grant-funded training must be customized to meet specific company needs
- Applicant companies must pay for a minimum of 40% of the total training costs
- An on-site visit of the applicant company is required
Community and Workforce Programs
5900 S. Santa Fe Drive
Littleton, CO 80160-9002
acc [dot] wcp [at] arapahoe [dot] edu
Monday - Friday
8am – 5pm