Why should you take a World Languages course with ACC?
The ability to communicate in a Foreign Language is a necessity in today's global world. Knowing another language will help you expand your career opportunities and achieve more in life!
- Small size classes - more individual attention and more practice
- Continuity in instruction - know your instructor and feel comfortable in class
- Flexible course offerings - classes during the day and evening plus hybrid courses
- Accessible faculty - who want you to succeed
- Guaranteed transfer - degrees and courses will transfer to other in-state colleges and universities
- Skills assessment - places you at the appropriate level based on your existing skills
- Free tutors - who will help you be successful
- Great Books classes - those selected classes are included in the Great Books program
- Awards for Academic Excellence in Foreign Languages - this award honors students who have excelled in the four levels of a language
Arapahoe Community College offers World Languages courses in:
- American Sign Language
All languages offer four consecutive levels except American Sign Language (two). In addition, ACC offers Conversational courses in French and Spanish for students seeking to develop oral communication skills for occupational use or travel.
World Languages Course Placement
If you're not sure which class level is right for you (Spanish or French), please contact Veronica Chavez for information regarding placement testing.