Do you have a passion for helping others? Do you want to Move Mountains in the health care field? Find your path with the ACC Nursing Program and begin changing lives today, starting with your own!
The Associate Nursing Degree (ADN) program is approved by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. (ACEN), the Colorado State Board of Nursing and the Colorado Community College System. You will develop skills to work in hospitals and clinical settings in the areas of Obstetric and Pediatric, Medical/Surgical, and Psychiatric Nursing. ACC's nursing program consistently maintains high pass rates on the NCLEX exam and works closely with an Advisory Committee that provides feedback on nursing/health care industry graduate standards, requirements and desired new graduate outcomes.
- High professional standards
- Superior reputation in the community and excellent rate of hire
- Dual enrollment programs with CU, UCCS, and MSU, which will allow seamless progression to a BSN degree
- Active learning in the classroom, labs and supervised clinical experiences
- Simulation scenarios and state-of-the-art labs
- NCLEX high pass rates
- Accessible faculty and staff — Director and Faculty who are MSN (Master of Nursing Science) prepared, Retention Coordinator, Simulation Coordinator, Lab Coordinator and Clinical Coordinator
- Competitive qualifications application process
Attending a Nursing Program Information Session is one of the application requirements. We highly recommend attending an Information Session as soon as you begin planning for eventual admission to the nursing program. You will gain valuable information about the program, and important details about the application process will be explained.
While you are welcome to attend an Information Session at any time prior to applying, we polled over 1450 attendees at previous Information Sessions and 85% recommend attending at the beginning of the process. You may request an attendance waiver if you live more than 50 miles from ACC. Please contact the nursing program office at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
To reserve your space at an info session, please email email@example.com and type INFORMATION SESSION RSVP in the subject line. In the body of the email, enter:
- Telephone number
- Date of the session you wish to attend
You will receive an email reply confirming your reservation.
ADN INFORMATION SESSION DATES
- June 27, Wednesday, 6:00 - 9:00 p.m.
- July 25, Wednesday, 6:00 - 9:00 p.m.
- Aug 8, Wednesday, 6:00 - 9:00 p.m.
- Sept 8, Saturday, 9:00 a.m. - noon
- Sept 12, Wednesday, 6:00 - 9:00 p.m.
ACC has partnered with four Universities to help you plan for your eventual BSN degree, after completing your ADN at ACC. This special information session will include presentations by representatives from all four schools: Metro State University, CU College of Nursing, University of Colorado-Colorado Springs, and University of Phoenix. BSN Information Sessions are held approximately 3 times per year. The dates and signup instructions will appear in this space when a session is scheduled.
APPLICATION DATES AND DEADLINES
Application dates and deadline for FALL SEMESTER (August) STARTS
Applications for Fall Semester will open on the THIRD MONDAY OF APRIL at 9:00 a.m. and close on the THIRD FRIDAY IN MAY at NOON, immediately preceding the Fall semester for which the student seeks admission.
Application dates and deadline for SPRING SEMESTER (January) STARTS
Applications for Spring Semester will open on the FIRST MONDAY OF NOVEMBER at 9:00 a.m. and close on the SECOND FRIDAY OF DECEMBER (December 14) at NOON, immediately preceding the Spring semester for which the student seeks admission.
- ADN Curriculum includes theory, lab and clinical components with defined Clinical Competencies
- Practical Nursing Certificate is available only to those students who have been accepted into the Associate Degree Nursing program at ACC and have completed all general education courses required for the 1st year and the first two semesters of Nursing courses. At that time any nursing student may request enrollment in NUR 169 which will complete the requirements for receiving the Practical Nursing Certificate.
- The LPN to ADN program is for students who possess a License as a Practical Nurse and wish to complete the ADN program. The LPN to ADN Program at ACC is temporarily closed to new applicants at this time.
NCLEX Pass Rates
|Year||ACC NCLEX-RN Pass Rates||National NCLEX-RN Pass Rates for Associate Degree|
Program Graduate Job Placement Rates
|Graduation Date||Employment Rate 12 months after Graduation|
|Spring 2017||82% at 6 months|
Program Completion Rates
|Admission Date||Percentage of Students Completing Program within 3 years|