Do you want to learn a new language? Do you enjoy working in groups? American Sign Language may be the perfect course for you! It is a fun and great way to get your humanities credits. It incorporates kinesthetic, visual and auditory learning and makes language more tangible. Each class is set up to use daily participation and group conversations in American Sign Language.
Why take an American Sign Language course?
- American Sign Language is currently the fourth most-used language in the United States.
- Bilingualism of any languages (whether signed or spoken) is a great booster for brains.
- Basic knowledge of sign language can be a useful communication mode in any profession.
Career options related to Deafness and American Sign Language
- Dormitory/residence program counselor
- Social worker
- Speech-language pathologist
- Parent/infant specialist
- Combined specialties
While there are currently no degrees available in American Sign Language, you can use these courses toward your humanities credits, or if you really enjoy American Sign Language and want to pursue a career, you can transfer credits to another college in the Colorado Community College System (Community College of Aurora, Front Range Community College, Pikes Peak Community College or Red Rocks Community College).
Learn a new language and boost your brain power! Register for an American Sign Language course at ACC today!