Ever notice how often the phrase "written and oral communication skills" appears in job postings? The ACC Communication Department is here to help you Move Mountains to attain and improve those vital written and oral communication skills! Get your Associate of Arts degree in Communication and hone your skills into a rewarding career.
What can you do with a degree in Communication?
The possibilities are endless. Whether you transfer to a four-year university and find a specialty or you jump right into a career, you'll have a high-demand set of skills as you graduate. Graduates with a Communication degree may seek careers in:
- Human Resources
- Marketing, Public Relations, and Advertising
Why should you take an ACC Communication course?
- ACC offers degree programs that are guaranteed to transfer to any baccalaureate Liberal Arts and Sciences major at any public four-year college or university in the state of Colorado.
- COM 115 Public Speaking or COM 125 Interpersonal Communication are required to complete many degree programs.
- Courses are offered in the classroom (at our Littleton, Parker and Castle Rock campuses), hybrid, and online formats.
You'll learn how to:
- Improve your skills speaking in front of a group
- Relate your message to an audience effectively
- Managing speech anxiety
- Organize your ideas into a logical flow
- Become an ethical speaker and listener
- Focus on improving your day-to-day communication
- Have a greater understanding of yourself and how others perceive you
- Improve listening skills
- Resolve conflict
- Enhance your relationships at home and at work
- Practice nonverbal communication skills
- Hone your interpersonal communication skills with individuals from diverse cultures
- Thrive in the workplace communication environment