March 12, 2020
Dear Students, Faculty and Staff,
Thank you for your patience and assistance while ACC has been navigating this ever-changing COVID-19 challenge. As many of you know, the World Health Organization has now classified this as a global health crisis. In order to maintain the good health and well-being of our ACC community, we are having to make some adjustments in our daily operations that will impact you directly. Please know that our priority, as always, is focused on student and employee safety.
Our goal is to minimize the risk of COVID-19 occurring on our campuses. It is important for us to play our part in slowing the spread of the virus in our communities and not contribute to its progress. We will continue to monitor the recommendations set forth from the Center for Disease Control and other national health resources, as well as work with our state and local public health officials to stay abreast of the rapidly changing nature of COVID-19.
In order to preserve the educational process for students to reach their goals and maintain high quality instruction, as well as provide a healthy workplace for employees, it is necessary to take the following steps immediately until further notice:
Instruction - All Programs
- Spring Break for students will be extended through Monday, March 30, to give the college time to transition all courses, where able, to be delivered by remote or online methods. Those career and technical courses which cannot be delivered through remote modalities will be structured to provide social distancing and other responsible precautions. Students will receive additional information regarding their courses and any accessibility needs prior to March 30.
- Upon faculty return to campus on Monday, March 23, faculty will attend instructional meetings to begin plans, training, and details for the restructuring of their classes to remote or online methods. CTE faculty and program directors will meet to determine the structure for these courses to ensure social distancing and other health-conscious strategies. Faculty and Instructors will receive further information by Monday, March 23.
- Students, faculty and instructors should check their ACC email, D2L, and the ACC website for regular updates.
College Operations - All ACC Campuses
- All ACC campuses will remain open for regular business hours but with certain limitations. The Fitness Center on the Littleton campus will be closed to the public. Public members will receive a refund on their membership.
- All Student Services offices will be open to serve students.
- All external events scheduled for ACC facilities on any ACC campus will be suspended or postponed until after July 1st. External organizations who have reserved ACC facilities will be contacted with this decision.
- Internal college group gatherings on all ACC campuses will be limited to a maximum of 25 people, less per official room occupancy.
- Registration for summer and fall classes is still ongoing, and advisors are available to meet with students.
- The Library & Learning Commons will remain open; however, hours may be adjusted.
- The Child Development Center will remain open during its regular hours, as will the Bookstore and Espresso Yourself Café.
- The 2020 Summer Abroad program has been postponed to Summer 2021. Students will be notified.
- No decision has been made yet regarding graduation ceremonies. We will keep you apprised of any decisions.
I understand that the unknown and constantly changing nature of this virus can be unsettling for some and a burden for others, professionally and personally. Please know that services are available to both students and employees who may desire assistance. Employees in need of these services should contact the ACC Human Resources Office at 303.797.5257. Students in need of counseling services should contact the Student Engagement Office at 303.797.5730.
As always, we will keep you undated on the latest details regarding COVID-19 issues and the impact on college operations. Please check our website and social media outlets for the most current information. We want you to be aware, informed and healthy. Each and every one of you is an important part of our community.
Please continue to follow the recommendations of just about every health organization by washing your hands frequently, sneeze or cough into a tissue or your elbow, avoid shaking hands, avoid touching your face, and please stay home if you are ill. Thank you! You got this!!