To those of you who completed/survived/are finishing spring semester – YOU MADE IT! Congratulations! I am so impressed by your resilience, creativity, flexibility and you deserve a break! Thank you for your patience with us as we all entered this uncharted territory.
For those of you graduating – extra congratulations! We are so proud of all you accomplished and you should be too! Please do take a moment to reflect on this milestone. ACC’s virtual commencement will be available on Monday – watch for it and please do share with us on social media your celebrations. I am so sad we are not together to mark this milestone, but know that we look forward to watching you go out and move mountains as you move on from ACC and into your careers, transfer institutions and next adventures!
For our high school dual enrolled students – just a little bit longer and you will have this semester and this college course under your belt. For you high school seniors – we know this is bittersweet. We hope your high schools and communities are wrapping you in love as you mark this milestone. We are glad you completed college-credits with ACC and hope they have provided you with a strong foundation as you move forward. The class of 2020 is one that will be remembered across history. Know that ACC is here for you – let us know how we can assist you in making sure you have a transcript for your next school and if you are continuing your concurrent enrollment or college career with ACC we look forward to supporting you in Summer or Fall!
Our continuing students – I promise we will continue to keep you informed as we move through summer and approach fall. Please check the ACC COVID-19 website for resources and information, along with your student email. We have resources to assist you during this time and please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have questions. For now, most summer courses will be remote. Please sign up for summer and fall courses in the mode you prefer (face-to-face or online). While a select number of programs are on-campus this summer, the majority of courses scheduled for face-to-face look like they will continue to be remote until we are able to open campus up completely and ensure the safety of you, our faculty and staff. Thank you and we will continue to keep you updated.
Some quick reminders & tips:
- Take a deep breath! You did it! Do take a moment to recognize that you made it through the Spring 2020 semester and that is no small feat!
- If you have not already, do the FAFSA for 20-21. Given the changing economy, even if you didn’t do it previously, please take a few minutes and complete it now if you plan do college anywhere this summer or next fall. As grants, scholarships and other resources are shared with ACC, just completing the FAFSA puts you in the best position to be eligible for these funds.
- If you are not graduating – keep the momentum going! Get registered now for summer and/or fall so you get your choice of classes and the schedule that works best for you!
- Grades will be posted in MyACC early next week. You may also request copies of transcripts in myACC.
- Diplomas for those of you graduating will be mailed out over the summer. (Hint – the address we have is in myACC ->Student ->Personal Information
Thank you for making ACC a GREAT community and for surviving Spring 2020 with us. We are so happy you are part of ACC.
With gratitude -
Dr. Lisa Matye Edwards
Vice President of Student Affairs
lisa [dot] matyeedwards [at] arapahoe [dot] edu