As COVID-19 are present in Colorado, ACC continues to monitor the spread of the coronavirus and its potential impacts to the college. Updates, resources and current information will be posted on the ACC website. Please refer to it for updates.
ACC is working closely with the Tri-County Health Department and Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment and we are reviewing our emergency management plans actively as we monitor the situation. If the situation changes, we will provide updates on the website, via email or text alerts.
Our top priority is the safety of our students, faculty, and staff. Public health officials have recommended that people experiencing flu-like symptoms stay home from school and work. If you are ill, please do not come to the college. Email your faculty regarding missed coursework or courses.
If you are ill and do end up with a presumptive positive test result, please notify ACC by emailing the Dean of Students Office at acc [dot] dos [at] arapahoe [dot] edu or call 303.797.5730.
At present, impacts to the current instructional program and college activities are still modest, and classes and scheduled activities are currently continuing as planned. This is an evolving situation, in Colorado, nationally and globally, so circumstances could change rapidly. In addition to monitoring alerts, it is also important to check your student email and review updates in D2L regularly.
We urge you and your family members to stay informed. The following resources can help keep you up to date and knowledgeable:
- Arapahoe Community College Website. We will provide updated information through this and alerts.
- ACC Student Email & D2L (communication from faculty and other college support services to assure you are supported and informed about impacts to class and other resources)
- Tri-County Health Department (includes guidelines about the local situation and provides information on how to keep healthy and help limit the spread of the coronavirus)
- Center for Disease Control & Prevention website (includes COVID-19 tracking info, guidance about travel, and the most current information about the situation)
- Colorado Department of Public of Health & Environment (provides accurate information pertaining to the state, including testing criteria and resources)
Sharing accurate information during a time of heightened concern is one of the best things we can do to reduce stigma, anxiety, and panic. Speak up if you hear, see, or read stigmatizing or harassing comments or misinformation. Show compassion and support for individuals and communities more closely impacted. Do not make assumptions about someone’s health status based on their ethnicity, race, or national origin. Stigma will not help to fight the illness - please review resources about stigma and COVID-19.
Thank you for the calm and care that you demonstrate toward each other as we work together to minimize the impact of the virus on our community. ACC’s focus remains keeping our community healthy while fulfilling our educational mission.
Lisa Matye Edwards
Vice President for Student Affairs
Arapahoe Community College