Skip to main content

Elementary Teacher Education Transfer Major, AA


CIP 240101 (EMTD)

The purpose of a statewide articulation agreement is to identify the courses a student at a Colorado public community college must complete as part of an AA/AS degree to be guaranteed to be able to complete the designated baccalaureate degree program at public four-year colleges and universities as designated by the Colorado Department of Higher Education (CDHE) transfer agreement.

For more information about this transfer degree please refer to the Colorado Department of Higher Education website.

Program Requirements

General Education Requirements (35 credit hours)
Written Communication (6 credit hours)

1 Note: Some educator preparation programs require a B- in ENG 121 as an admission requirement. However, a C- or better meets the general education GT-CO1 requirement.

Mathematics (6 credit hours)

2 Note: Completion of MAT 155 & 156 with a C- or higher will satisfy the GT Pathways math requirement at some institutions but not all. At the receiving institution's discretion, students may be asked to complete a GT-MA1 approved course.

History (3 credit hours)
Social and Behavioral Sciences (6 credit hours)
Natural and Physical Sciences (8 credit hours)

3 Note: Students must pass with a C- or higher BOTH SCI 155 & 156 to satisfy the GT Pathways science requirement.

Additional Required Courses (9 credit hours)

Please Note: if these credits are not required for the major at a receiving 4-year institution, they will be applied to the Bachelor's degree as elective credit towards graduation. Please check with the receiving institution to determine in which way these courses will be applied.

Elective Courses (19 credit hours)

Consult with an Advisor at the transfer institution and an ACC Advisor to determine appropriate electives for any GT course

Total: 60 credit hours

All courses required for this degree must be completed with a "C" or better to be considered for transfer to another Colorado institution. Transferability of courses to colleges or universities outside of Colorado is determined by the receiving institution.

Graduation Requirements