Public Health Transfer Major, AA
CIP 240101 (PUHD)
The purpose of a statewide articulation agreement is to identify the courses a student at a Colorado public community college must complete as part of an AA/AS degree to be guaranteed to be able to complete the designated baccalaureate degree program at any public four-year college and university (hereafter referred to as receiving institutions) that offers that program within the minimum number of credits designated by the Colorado Commission on Higher Education.
For more information about this transfer degree please refer to the Colorado Department of Higher Education website.
- Any (GT-CO1) course plus any (GT-CO2) course OR
- Any (GT-CO2) course plus any (GT-CO3) course
- Any two GT-AH courses (can be AH1, AH2, AH3, or AH4)
- One GT Pathways History course (GT-HI1)
Plus any one of the following:
- ANT 250 - Medical Anthropology 3 Credits
OR Choose TWO of the following (4 credits each)
Please note: if these credits are not required for the major at a receiving 4-year institution, they will be applied to the bachelor's degree as elective credit towards graduation. Please check with the receiving institution to determine in which way these courses will be applied.
Choose ONE from:
Choose ONE from:
- PSY 227 - Psychology of Death and Dying
- SOC 237 - Sociology of Death and Dying 3 Credits
* If not taken to fulfill the Social & Behavioral Science Requirement
** Course can be used to replace Health and Disease at Fort Lewis College
Choose in consultation with a program advisor at the receiving four-year institution
Elective credit must be completed from the following lists of approved prefixes or courses to bring the total credit hours to 60. (See section on limitations regarding any additional courses taken in the major. Students should consider using their free electives to explore an additional area of focus.)
- Any Guaranteed Transfer course.
- Any course in the following prefixes except Special Topics (275) and Independent Study (285): ANT, ART, BIO (100 OR above), CHE, ECO, HIS, HUM, LIT, MUS, PED, PHY (105 OR above), POS, PSY, SOC.
- HWE 124 - Fitness and Wellness 2 Credits
- ANY Foreign Language (including ASL) numbered 111 OR higher
All courses required for this degree must be completed with a "C" or better to be considered for transfer to another Colorado institution. Transferability of courses to colleges or universities outside of Colorado is determined by the receiving institution.
Apply for graduation online at www.arapahoe.edu/graduation.