CIP 240101 (AAAC)
This program was created as part of an agreement with Colorado State University. The Associate of Arts Accounting degree can either be completed as a 60 + 60 program, where a student completes the AA degree at ACC, then transfers to CSU to complete the bachelor degree, or it may be completed as a dual enrollment program, where the student jointly takes courses with ACC and CSU during certain semesters. Students interested in completing the AA degree in the 60 + 60 format, may complete it at the following ACC locations: Littleton, Sturm Collaboration Campus at Castle Rock, or Online. Students interested in completing the AA degree in the dual enrollment format may complete it at the Sturm Collaboration Campus in Castle Rock only.
The program provides a foundation for an understanding of the theory and practice of the major fields of accounting: financial accounting and reporting, managerial accounting, taxation, accounting information systems, and auditing.
Career paths for Business Administration, Accounting graduates include accountant, auditor, tax specialist, financial analyst, forensic accountant, internal auditor, and information technology auditor.
To be successful, students should have strong math and computer skills, and be detail-oriented.
- GT Pathways Arts and Humanities course (GT-AH1, GT-AH2, GT-AH3, GT-AH4) 3 Credits
- GT - One GT Pathways course (GT-HI1) 3 Credits
- Natural and Physical Science GT-SC1-SC2 4 Credits
- Natural and Physical Science with Lab GT-SC1 4 Credits
- Courses required for this degree must be completed with a "C" or better to be considered for transfer to another institution.
- Apply for graduation online at www.arapahoe.edu/graduation