Studio Art Transfer Major, AA
CIP 240101 (SARD)
The purpose of a statewide articulation agreement is to identify the courses a student at a Colorado public community college must complete as part of an AA/AS degree to be guaranteed to be able to complete the designated baccalaureate degree program at any public four-year college and university (hereafter referred to as receiving institutions) that offers that program within the minimum number of credits designated by the Colorado Commission on Higher Education.
For more information about this transfer degree please refer to the Colorado Department of Higher Education website.
- GT - One GT Pathways -approved CO3 course (GTCO3)
- GT - One GT Pathways Math course (GT-MA1)
- prefer MAT 120 Mathematics for the Liberal Arts.
- GT - Two GT Pathways Arts and Humanities courses (GT-AH2, GT-AH3, GT-AH4). No GT-AH1 courses.
- GT - One GT Pathways History course (GT-H1)
- GT - Two GT Pathways Social and Behavioral Science courses (GT-SS1, GT-SS2, GT-SS3)
- GT - Two GT Pathways Natural & Physical Science courses (GT-SC1,GT-SC2). One of these must have the required Lab (GT-SC1).
Please Note: If these credits are not required for the major at a receiving 4-year institution, they will be applied to the Bachelor's degree as elective credit towards graduation. Please check with the receiving institution to determine in which way these courses will be applied.
- Any 3-credit Studio Art course
Elective credit must be completed from the following lists of approved prefixes or courses to bring the total credit hours to 60.
- Any Guaranteed Transfer course.
- Any course in the following prefixes except Special Topics, Independent Study, Capstone, and Internships:
ANT, ART, BIO (100 OR above), CHE, HIS, HUM, LIT, MUS, PED, PHI, PHY (105 OR above), POS, PSY, SOC.
- HWE 124 - Fitness and Wellness 2 Credits
- ANY Foreign Language (including ASL) numbered 111 or higher
Students planning to transfer to CSU-FC for completion of the BA in Studio Art must complete 2 semesters of one foreign language for their electives OR be able to pass the CSU-FC Foreign Language placement exam at the sophomore level. It may not be possible to complete the BA in Studio Art in two years without this prior foreign language competency.
Any additional courses taken in the discipline covered by this agreement might not count toward the requirements of the major at the receiving institution.
All courses required for this degree must be completed with a "C" or better to be considered for transfer to another Colorado institution. Transferability of courses to colleges or universities outside of Colorado is determined by the receiving institution.
- Apply for graduation online at www.arapahoe.edu/graduation.