Political Science Transfer Major, AA
CIP 240101 (POLS)
The purpose of a statewide articulation agreement is to identify the courses a student at a Colorado public community college must complete as part of an AA/AS degree to be guaranteed to be able to complete the designated baccalaureate degree program at any public four-year college and university (hereafter referred to as receiving institutions) that offers that program within the minimum number of credits designated by the Colorado Commission on Higher Education.
For more information about this transfer degree please refer to the Colorado Department of Higher Education website.
- GT - One GT Pathways Mathematics course (GT-MA1), but not MAT 155 or MAT 156
- GT - Two GT Pathways Arts & Humanities courses (GTAH1, GT-AH2, GT-AH3, or GT-AH4)
- GT - One GT Pathways History course (GT-HI1)
- GT - Two GT Pathways Natural & Physical Science (GTSC1)
Please Note: If these credits are not required for the major at a receiving 4-year institution, they will be applied to the Bachelor's degree as elective credit towards graduation. Please check with the receiving institution to determine in which way these courses will be applied.
Note: Additional POS courses beyond the 4 courses identified above may not count toward the Political Science major at the receiving 4-year institution.
Elective credit must be completed from the following lists of approved prefixes or courses to bring the total credit hours to 60.
- Any Guaranteed Transfer course.
- Any course in the following prefixes except Special Topics, Independent Study, Capstone, and Internships:
ANT, ART, BIO (100 OR above), CHE, HIS, HUM, LIT, MUS, PED, PHI, PHY (105 OR above), POS, PSY, SOC.
- ENG 131 - Technical Writing I: GT-CO1 3 Credits (OR higher ENG course)
- ANY Foreign Language (including ASL) numbered 111 or higher
All courses required for this degree must be completed with a "C" or better to be considered for transfer to another Colorado institution. Transferability of courses to colleges or universities outside of Colorado is determined by the receiving institution.
- Apply for graduation online at www.arapahoe.edu/graduation.