Paramedic Preparation Certificate
CIP 510904 (EMPP)
This 32-hour EMT Preparation Certificate provides additional training to improve the EMT's employability, prepare the student for paramedic school and other healthcare careers. Many of the preparation certificate classes are prerequisites for entrance into the Paramedic Program. Consult an Advisor for appropriate electives.
All students enrolled in this program are encouraged to apply for graduation upon completion of the program
- Minimum of 18 years of age prior to the start of the Clinical Rotations (EMS 170).
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare CPR for the Healthcare Provider (BLS) certificate
- Hepatitis B vaccination (one and two) or Titer
- Tetanus within the last 10 years
- MMR vaccinations (one and two) (or Titer)
- TB Skin test (within 3 months of class start date)
- Current flu vaccination for the Fall and Spring Semesters
- Access the Application Process page to find information on Processes, Disqualifying Events and Release forms for Health Care students
- A Criminal Background Check is required for all EMS students. In the event the student background check reveals any disqualifying factors a student will be dismissed for the EMT program. View disqualifying events information. Please note: Criminal background checks require a fee and the applicant's social security number.
- All courses required for this program must be completed with a "C" or better.
- Apply for graduation online at www.arapahoe.edu/graduation.
- As a graduate of a Career and Technical Education program you will be contacted by an ACC employee in approximately six months to verify your employment information. This information gathering is a federal requirement to ensure that ACC receives certain federal funding.
- Information regarding occupations, completion rates, placement rates, program costs and median loan debt may be found at www.arapahoe.edu/departments-and-programs/gainful-employment-disclosure-information.