Medical Laboratory Assistant Certificate
CIP 510802 (MLAC)
The Medical Laboratory Assistant certificate program is a pathway into Medical Laboratory technology. The program requires at least 120 hours of clinical internship experience. MLT 131, 142, and 241 are part of the MLT degree program.
The Medical laboratory Assistant certificate is an 8 credit certificate program in which students would graduate from ACC and get a Medical Laboratory Assistant certificate. The students would then be eligible to take a national certification exam - either AMT or ASCP.
- Admission to Arapahoe Community College
- Complete Medical Laboratory Assistant Program Application
- Personal interview with MLT Program Director
- College Placement Test is required for all MLA students (scores of 96 or higher in Reading and a 5 on the Essay OR 80 in Reading and a 6 on the Essay and MAT 050 or equivalent placement test scores.
Accuplacer scores can still be accepted if not older than three years. Minimum Accuplacer scores to be considered are 95 or higher on sentence and 45 or higher in Elementary Algebra 45+ or equivalent ACT/ SAT scores or appropriate prior college-level coursework)
- Criminal Background Check (prior to registering for any MLT course.)
- Apply for graduation online at www.arapahoe.edu/graduation.
- As a graduate of a Career and Technical Education program you will be contacted by an ACC employee in approximately six months to verify your employment information. This information gathering is a federal requirement to ensure that ACC receives certain federal funding.
- Please contact the MLT Department Chair if you have any questions about these academic requirements.
Information regarding occupations, completion rates, placement rates, program costs and median loan debt may be found at www.arapahoe.edu/departments-and-programs/gainful-employment-disclosure-information.