Law Enforcement, AAS
CIP 430103 (CJLE)
The Law Enforcement A.A.S. Degree is designed for students who completed or plan to complete Arapahoe Community College's Law Enforcement Academy and are seeking a career in Law Enforcement. This program prepares students to be employed in law enforcement at departments requiring a two-year college degree.
- Admission to Arapahoe Community College
- Completion of ACC's Law Enforcement Academy, or a current Colorado Post certificate holder, or permission of the Program Coordinator.
- Any of the following for 3 more credits: CIS 118, ENG 131, SOC 102, any foreign language course 111, 112, 211, or 212, or PED *
* PED 102 and PED 110 are courses completed as part of the LEA cohort. Students not yet admitted to LEA must wait to take these courses during LEA.
These courses will be completed through ACC's Law Enforcement Academy. Upon review and permission of the Program Coordinator, successful completion of Law Enforcement Academy at another institution may serve as an equivalent and may be transferred to ACC for course credit.
- Apply for graduation online at www.arapahoe.edu/graduation.
- As a graduate of a Career and Technical Education program you will be contacted by an ACC employee in approximately six months to verify your employment information. This information gathering is a federal requirement to ensure that ACC receives certain federal funding.