Journalism and Contemporary Media, AAS
CIP 090401 (JCM)
The AAS in Contemporary Journalism prepares students with a broad range of skills for the changing field of journalism and media as well as for careers in reporting, production, public relations, communication, law, lobbying, marketing, etc. Students will receive training in producing publications both in print and online. Journalism students are required to take a course in book publishing or literary magazine, a course where students produce the annual, award-winning Progenitor. In generating stories for The Arapahoe Pinnacle, students combine traditional journalism skills of reporting and editing with digital skills in using wordpress and Adobe in creating, editing, and producing photo, audio, and video.
- Admission to Arapahoe Community College
- ACCUPLACER sentence skills score of 95+, or equivalent ACT / SAT scores or successful completion of CCR 092/CCR 093/CCR 094 with a grade of 'C' or better to successfully complete JOU courses
- Department approval is required in order to transfer in journalism class credit from other institutions.
- SCI 105 - Science in Society (GT-SC2) OR
- GT - Any GT Pathways BIO or SCI Course 3 Credits OR
- GT - Any GT Pathways HUM or LIT Course 3 Credits
- All courses MUST be completed with a grade of "C" or better to graduate.
- Apply for graduation online at www.arapahoe.edu/graduation.
- As a graduate of a Career and Technical Education program you will be contacted by an ACC employee in approximately six months to verify your employment information. This information gathering is a federal requirement to ensure that ACC receives certain federal funding.