Journalism and Contemporary Media, AAS
CIP 090401 (JCM)
The AAS in Contemporary Journalism prepares students with a broad range of skills for the changing field of journalism and media as well as for careers in journalism, public relations, communication, law, lobbying, training, marketing, etc. Students will receive training in producing publications in print and online. Students will combine traditional journalism skills in writing and editing with digital skills in page layout and production to produce printed publications as well as websites, e-zines, blogs, and other relevant internet media.
- GT - Any GT Pathways HUM or LIT Course 3 Credits
- Admission to Arapahoe Community College
- ACCUPLACER sentence skills score of 95+, or equivalent ACT / SAT scores or successful completion of CCR 092/CCR 093/CCR 094 with a grade of 'C' or better to successfully complete JOU courses
- Department approval is required in order to transfer in journalism class credit from other institutions.
- All courses MUST be completed with a grade of "C" or better to graduate.
- Apply for graduation online at www.arapahoe.edu/graduation.
- As a graduate of a Career and Technical Education program you will be contacted by an ACC employee in approximately six months to verify your employment information. This information gathering is a federal requirement to ensure that ACC receives certain federal funding.