History Transfer Major, AA
CIP 240101 (HIST)
The purpose of a statewide articulation agreement is to identify the courses a student at a Colorado public community college must complete as part of an AA/AS degree to be guaranteed to be able to complete the designated baccalaureate degree program at any public four-year college and university (hereafter referred to as receiving institutions) that offers that program within the minimum number of credits designated by the Colorado Commission on Higher Education.
For more information about this transfer degree please refer to the Colorado Department of Higher Education website.
- GT - Any GT Pathways Math course (GT-MA1) but not MAT 155 or MAT 156
- prefer MAT 120 Mathematics for the Liberal Arts.
- GT - Three GT Pathways Arts & Humanities courses (GTAH1, GT-AH2, GT-AH3, GT-AH4)
Note: 1Students planning to transfer to University of Colorado Boulder must take either HIS 101 or HIS 102 to fulfill this requirement.
- GT - Two gtPathways Social & Behavioral Science courses (GT-SS1, GT-SS2, GT-SS3)
- GT - Two gtPathways Natural & Physical Sciences courses (GT-SC1, GT-SC2): one course must be with required lab
Please Note: If these credits are not required for the major at a receiving 4-year institution, they will be applied to the Bachelor's degree as elective credit towards graduation. Please check with the receiving institution to determine in which way these courses will be applied.
- GT - One additional gtPathways History course (GTHI1)
1 Students planning to transfer to University of Colorado Boulder must take either HIS 101 or HIS 102 to fulfill this requirement.
Elective credit must be completed from the following lists of approved prefixes or courses to bring the total credit hours to 60.
- Any Guaranteed Transfer course.
- Any course in the following prefixes except Special Topics, Independent Study, Capstone, and Internships:
ANT, ART, BIO (100 OR above), CHE, HIS, HUM, LIT, MUS, PED, PHI, PHY (105 OR above), POS, PSY, SOC.
- ENG 131 - Technical Writing I: GT-CO1 3 Credits (OR higher ENG course)
- ANY Foreign Language (including ASL) numbered 111 or higher
Students planning to transfer to CSU-Ft Collins should complete at least two semesters of one college-level foreign language.
Any additional courses taken in the discipline covered by this agreement might not count toward the requirements of the major at the receiving institution.
Transferability of courses to colleges or universities outside of Colorado is determined by the receiving institution.
- All courses required for this degree must be completed with a "C" or better to be considered for transfer to another institution.
- Apply for graduation online at www.arapahoe.edu/graduation.