Geography Transfer Major, AA
CIP 240101 (GEOM)
The purpose of a statewide articulation agreement is to identify the courses a student at a Colorado public community college must complete as part of an AA/AS degree to be guaranteed to be able to complete the designated baccalaureate degree program at any public four-year college and university (hereafter referred to as receiving institutions) that offers that program within the minimum number of credits designated by the Colorado Commission on Higher Education.
For more information about this transfer degree please refer to the Colorado Department of Higher Education website.
- GT - One GT Pathways course (GT-MA1) prefer MAT 135 - Introduction to Statistics: GT-MA1, except:
- Adams State University requires MAT 121
- Metropolitan State University of Denver requires either MAT 135 or MAT 121
- University of Colorado Denver requires either MAT 121 or MAT 135
- GT - Two GT Pathways Arts and Humanities courses (GT-AH1, GT-AH2, GT-AH3)
- GT - One GT Pathways History course (GT-H1)
- GT - Two GT Pathways Social and Behavioral Science courses (GT-SS1 OR GT-SS3)
- GT - Two GT Pathways Natural & Physical Science courses (GT-SC1 only).
Note(s): No GEO courses; GEY 111 - Physical Geology w/Lab: GT-SC1 not recommended. For Adams State: students must take BIO 111 - General College Biology with Lab: GT-SC1 and CHE 101 - Introduction to Chemistry I (GT-SC1).
Please Note: If these credits are not required for the major at a receiving 4-year institution, they will be applied to the Bachelor's degree as elective credit towards graduation. Please check with the receiving institution to determine in which way these courses will be applied.
Elective credit must be completed from the following lists of approved prefixes or courses to bring the total credit hours to 60. The Number of Elective Credits may vary according to the receiving institution. You are advised to contact an advisor at the receiving institution. Maximum of 6 credits may be in GEO or GIS prefix.
- Any Guaranteed Transfer course.
- Any course in the following prefixes except Special Topics, Independent Study, Capstone, and Internships:
ANT, ART, BIO (100 OR above), CHE, HIS, HUM, LIT, MUS, PED, PHI, PHY (105 OR above), POS, PSY, SOC.
- ENG 131 - Technical Writing I: GT-CO1 3 Credits (OR higher ENG course)
- ANY Foreign Language (including ASL) numbered 111 or higher
Any additional courses taken in the discipline covered by this agreement might not count toward the requirements of the major at the receiving institution.
Transferability of courses to colleges or universities outside of Colorado is determined by the receiving institution.
- All courses required for this degree must be completed with a "C" or better to be considered for transfer to another institution.
- No course substitutions will be allowed within this degree.
- Apply for graduation online at www.arapahoe.edu/graduation.