Bachelor of Science Nursing Completion Program (RN-BSN)
CIP 513801 (BBSN)
The RN‐BSN Program is designed for Registered Nurses who wish to earn the baccalaureate nursing degree or for current nursing students (dual enrollment) who are enrolled in the Nursing AAS program who wish to earn the baccalaureate nursing degree. The focus of the program is to add value to their nursing education, increase their perspective of current clinical practice beyond the ADN level, enhance their leadership abilities and promote life‐long learning within the nursing profession.
Students who are dual enrolled can start BSN classes instantly through an online format. The program has two courses that require a practicum experience in an area of the student's interests.
The Nursing Program is also approved by the State Board of Colorado Community College Occupational and Education Programs. Arapahoe Community College is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA).
The ACC Nursing Program is housed in the School of Health and Public Services Division, office phone number is 303.797.5991. The Nursing Assistant's phone number is 303.797.5939.
* 300‐level nursing courses must be completed before taking 400‐level nursing courses.
** If associate degree is less than 71.5 credits, balance of credits may be satisfied with elective
credits or credit for prior learning.
- Admission to Arapahoe Community College
- Official academic transcripts for all college credits completed
- Applicant applying for the RN-BSN Completion Program must be a graduate from an accredited Associate of Applied Science/Associate Degree in Nursing or Diploma Nursing Program
- Complete Nursing Program Application for RN-BSN Completion Program (different than application to ACC)
- Active, unencumbered Registered Nurse (RN) license
Recent nursing graduates must provide a copy of RN license prior to beginning the second semester.
Out of state students will require authorization by the State Board of Nursing in their state of residence
in order for ACC to provide instruction. In addition, depending on the state, limitations may exist with
ACC providing an education experience to them.
Students must complete a minimum of 25% of the credits required for the degree at Arapahoe
Community College (in residence) in order to earn this degree from ACC.
Acceptance is conditional until Background Check and Drug Screen are successfully passed (instructions
will be communicated in the Acceptance Letter).
Associate of Applied Science/Associate Degree in Nursing students have the option to be dual enrolled
in the RN‐BSN Completion Program.
- Achieve a "C" or better in all required courses.
- Apply for graduation online at www.arapahoe.edu/graduation.