Associate of Science, General
Students successfully completing any Guaranteed Transfer Courses with a "C" or better are guaranteed acceptance of the course at any public four-year College or university in Colorado. The State Guaranteed Transfer Courses and the Colorado Community College General Education requirements have been incorporated into the degree. Students who complete a 60 credit-hour A.S. degree with appropriate course requirements and grades of "C" or better may be able to complete a Baccalaureate degree in 60 additional credits after transferring to a four-year public institution. Consult your ACC Advisor about Colorado's 60 + 60 agreement.
NOTE: This guarantee excludes majors in Education, Business, Engineering and Nursing.
NOTE: No course substitutions will be accepted for the Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degrees.
- GT - Two Guaranteed Transfer Arts & Humanities courses from two different areas (GT-AH1, GTAH2,
GT-AH3, or GT-AH4). See GT-Pathways courses
- GT - Two Guaranteed Transfer Social & Behavioral Science courses (GT-SS1, GT-SS2, or GT-SS3).
See GT-Pathways courses
- GT - One Guaranteed Transfer course from: History (GT-HI1). See GT-Pathways courses
- GT - Two LAB course sequence in any Guaranteed Transfer Science discipline (GT-SC1) and an additional Guaranteed Transfer LAB Science course from (GT-SC1); SCI 155 and SCI 156 are excluded and will not satisfy this requirement. See GT-Pathways courses
Elective credit must be completed from the following lists of approved prefixes or courses to bring the total credit hours to 60.
- Any Guaranteed Transfer Course
Any course in the following prefixes except Special Topics (275) and Independent Study (285): AST (100 or higher), BIO (100 or higher), CHE (100 or higher), EGG (100 or higher), MAT (121 or higher, except 155 or 156), PHY (111 or higher), or any foreign language (111 or above).
All courses required for this degree must be completed with a "C" or better to be considered for transfer to another Colorado institution. Transferability of courses to colleges or universities outside of Colorado is determined by the receiving institution.
- Apply for graduation online at www.arapahoe.edu/graduation.