Anthropology Transfer Major, AA
CIP 240101 (ANTH)
The purpose of a statewide articulation agreement is to identify the courses a student at a Colorado public community college must complete as part of an AA/AS degree to be guaranteed to be able to complete the designated baccalaureate degree program at any public four-year college and university (hereafter referred to as receiving institutions) that offers that program within the minimum number of credits designated by the Colorado Commission on Higher Education.
For more information about this transfer degree please refer to the Colorado Department of Higher Education website
- GT - A GT Pathways-approved CO3 course (GTCO3)
- GT - One GT Pathways course (GT-MA1) prefer MAT 135: Introduction to Statistics, except:
- University of Colorado Denver requires either MAT 135 or MAT 121
- Western State Colorado University requires MAT 121
- GT - Two GT Pathways Arts & Humanities courses (GTAH1, GT-AH2, GT-AH3, or GT-AH4)
- GT - One GT Pathways course (GT-HI1)
- GT - Two GT Pathways Social & Behavioral Sciences courses (GT-SS1, GT-SS2 or GT-SS3)
- GT - Two GT Pathways Natural & Physical Sciences courses (GT-SC1)
- GT - One GT Pathways Arts & Humanities course (GT-AH1, GT-AH2, GT-AH3, or GT-AH4)
- GT - One GT Pathways Social & Behavioral Science course (must be GT-SS2 or GT-SS3)
Elective credit must be completed from the following lists of approved prefixes or courses to bring the total credit hours to 60. Please Note: Any additional courses taken in the discipline covered by this agreement might not count toward the requirements of the major at the receiving institution.
- Any Guaranteed Transfer course.
- Any course in the following prefixes except Special Topics, Independent Study, Capstone, and Internships:
ANT, ART, BIO (100 OR above), CHE, HIS, HUM, LIT, MUS, PED, PHI, PHY (105 OR above), POS, PSY, SOC.
- HWE 124 - Fitness and Wellness 2 Credits
- ANY Foreign Language (including ASL) numbered 111 or higher
Transferability of courses to colleges or universities outside of Colorado is determined by the receiving institution.
- All courses required for this degree must be completed with a "C" or better to be considered for transfer to another institution.
- Apply for graduation online at www.arapahoe.edu/graduation.