Associate of Arts, General
General Education Courses (60 credit hours)
Written Communications (6 credit hours)
Oral Communications (3 credit hours)
3 Credits OR
3 Credits OR
Mathematics (3 credit hours)
4 Credits OR higher
- GT - Any Guaranteed Transfer Math course except MAT 155 and MAT 156 (GT-MA1) See GT-Pathways Courses
Art and Humanities/Social and Behavioral Sciences combined (18 credit hours)
Art and Humanities (6 credit hours)
- GT - Two Guaranteed Transfer Arts & Humanities courses from two different areas (GT-AH1, GTAH2, GT-AH3, or GT-AH4). See GT-Pathways Courses
Social and Behavioral Science (6 credit hours)
- GT - Two Guaranteed Transfer Social & Behavioral Science courses (GT-SS1, GT-SS2, or GT-SS3). GT-Pathways Courses
History (3 credit hours)
- GT - One Guaranteed Transfer course from: History (GTHI1). See GT-Pathways Courses
Student Option (3 credit hours)
- GT - One Guaranteed Transfer Arts & Humanities / Social & Behavioral Science / History course (GTAH1, GT-AH2, GT-AH3, GT-AH4, GT-SS1, GTSS2, GT-SS3, or GT-HI1). See GT-Pathways Courses
Natural and Physical Sciences (7 credit hours)
- GT - Two Guaranteed Transfer courses from: Natural and Physical Sciences, including at least one LAB course (GT-SC1 or GT-SC2). See GT-Pathways Courses
Electives (23 credit hours)
Elective credit must be completed from the following lists of approved prefixes or courses to bring the total credit hours to 60.
- Any Guaranteed Transfer Course
Any course in the following prefixes
Any course in the following prefixes except Special Topics (275) and Independent Study (285): ANT, ART, BIO (100 OR above), CHE, HIS, HUM, LIT, MUS, PED, PHI, PHY (105 OR above), POS, PSY, SOC
3 Credits OR higher ENG course
- HWE 124 - Fitness and Wellness 2 Credits
4 Credits OR higher MAT Course
- ANY Foreign Language (including ASL) numbered 111 or higher
Total: 60 credit hours
Transferability of courses to colleges or universities outside of Colorado is determined by the receiving institution.
- All courses required for this degree must be completed with a "C" or better to be considered for transfer to another institution.
- Apply for graduation online at www.arapahoe.edu/graduation.