Nursing AAS, PN-RN Option - Academic Plan
Total Credits = 75.5
Students will receive credit for prior learning based on current Licensed Practical Nurse licensure in the state of Colorado. Students will have developed entry-level skills for employment in hospitals and other health care settings. Clinical nursing courses include supervised patient care experiences at a variety of health care agencies. For information about the nursing program application, go to http://www.arapahoe.edu/departments-and-programs/a-z-programs. Call 303.797.5939 or email nursing [at] arapahoe [dot] edu with questions.
- Provide safe, quality, evidence-based nursing care in a variety of healthcare settings to diverse client populations across the lifespan.
- Engage in critical thinking and clinical reasoning to make client centered care decision.
- Implement quality measures to improve client care.
- Participate in communication and collaborative relationships with members of the interdisciplinary team, the client, and the client's support persons.
- Use information management principles, techniques, and systems, and client care technology to communicate, manage knowledge, mitigate error and support decision-making.
- Provide leadership in a variety of healthcare settings for diverse client populations.
- Assimilate professional, legal, and ethical guidelines in practice as a professional nurse.
- Promote a culture of caring to provide holistic, compassionate, culturally-competent care.
Recommended Course Sequence (Full-Time Track)
Select any Humanities or Social Behavioral Science Guaranteed Transfer (GT) course
Credit for Prior Learning as evidenced by current LPN license from Colorado or Compact State Posted to transcript after completion of NUR 2012, NUR 2006, and NUR 2011
- *This course requires college level readiness as measured by Accuplacer, ACT, or SAT scores; approved high school course work that is less than five years old; or successful completion of appropriate college-readiness course.
- AAA 1001 – College 101: Student Experience is required for all new college students seeking degrees or transfer.
- All interested students should attend an information session offered by the nursing department as soon as possible.
- Course availability is subject to change.
- In order to meet program requirements, students registered for ENG 1021 or ENG 1031 must also register for ENG 0094 unless they can demonstrate otherwise meeting the ENG 0094 standard through assessment testing, prior college coursework, or recent High School coursework. See an Advisor for details.
- All general education courses for the AAS Nursing are required pre-requisites to the PN-ADN Program.
- Once accepted to the nursing program student will be assigned to classes.
- Refer to 2023/2024 catalog for specific requirements and important information about this degree.
- Speak to the nursing department for more information about BSN completion opportunities that may be available to graduates enrolled in or graduated from ACC's Associate of Applied Science in Nursing program.
- The AAS-Nursing program at ACC is a full-time program.
- The Nursing Program is a selective admission program; please visit www.arapahoe.edu for detailed information about application deadlines and requirements.