Music Audio Technology AAS - Academic Plan
Total Credits = 60
This Associate of Applied Science degree in Music Audio Technology prepares students for entry-level employment as an audio technician, and to provide supplemental training for persons currently employed in this occupation. The content includes, but is not limited to: computer music software applications, audio recording/production, and live sound engineering.
This program may transfer to other colleges or universities and apply toward a bachelor's degree. Contact the ACC Advising Office or a Faculty Advisor in the music department for details.
- Prepare and present a musical performance.
- Demonstrate a fundamental knowledge of music theory.
- Display a fundamental level of music history.
- Effectively utilize signal processing.
- Demonstrate proficience at mixing multi-track sound.
Recommended Course Sequence (Full-Time)
~Choose One Course~
Recommended Course Sequence (Part-Time)
~Choose One Course~
- *This course requires college level readiness as measured by Accuplacer, ACT, or SAT scores; approved high school course work that is less than five years old; or successful completion of appropriate college-readiness course.
- AAA 1001 – College 101: Student Experience is required for all new college students seeking degrees or transfer.
- Course availability is subject to change.
- In order to meet program requirements, students registered for ENG 1021 or ENG 1031 must also register for ENG 0094 unless they can demonstrate otherwise meeting the ENG 0094 standard through assessment testing, prior college coursework, or recent High School coursework. See an Advisor for details.
- Major Elective: Select 3 credits from MUS 1041, MUS 1042, MUS 2042, MUS 1051, MUS 1052, MUS 2067.
- Recommended courses are listed above for certain electives; consult with the Academic Advising Office (advising [at] arapahoe [dot] edu or 303.797.5664) or the Music Audio Technology Department for additional elective recommendations.
- Refer to 2023/2024 catalog for specific requirements and important information about this degree.