Medical Assistant Certificate - Academic Plan
Total Credits = 29
The Medical Assistant Certificate enables a student to get a job as a fully-fledged MA for the front and back office of a medical office. In addition to doing reception work in the office, an MA also does patient care including laboratory work and injections in an ambulatory care facility. The curriculum is designed to facilitate the correlation between theory and clinical practice while exercising critical thinking proficiency.
Recommended Course Sequence (Full-Time Track)
Recommended Course Sequence (Part-Time Track)
- Due to pre-requisites and course offerings progression and completion time varies.
- If a student Fails or Withdraws from two or more classes, then they will be reviewed and offered further advising from the Program Chair. There is a possibilitly that the student will not be allowed to complete the program.
- MAP 2038 and MAP 2040 MUST be taken before, or with, the internship (these courses are only offered in certain semesters).
- MAP 1083 requires department permission to enroll and is completed during the final semester when ALL prior classes, background check, CPR/BLS card and proof of all immunizations are produced.
- Refer to the 2023/2024 Catalog for program admission, elective course and graduation requirements; consult the MOT Department for specific course planning information and guidance and utilize DegreeCheck to monitor progress. To graduate from this program, visit www.arapahoe.edu/graduation and submit the graduation application by the deadline. This information is subject to change without notice. Information regarding median loan debt, completion and placement rates, occupations and tuition / fees may be found at www.arapahoe.edu/gainful.
- Suggested course sequence or progression are shown below based on a fall or spring semester start and the demographic of typical students.
- This certificate REQUIRES departmental advising; therefore a suggested personal course sequence will be determined according to the student's schedule. Student must email program chair to schedule advising.