Applied Technology, AAS - Academic Plan
Total Credits = 60
The Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) Degree in Applied Technology allows Area Technical College (AVS) graduates to transfer up to 45 credits to Arapahoe Community College toward the completion of this program. The general education and other degree requirements will be completed at Arapahoe Community College. The A.A.S. degree will be conferred by Arapahoe Community College after the general education and other degree requirements have been completed.
The approved career and technical education certificate programs* at the AVS prepare students with technical, applied academic and employability skills.
Recommended Course Sequence (Full-Time Track)
Recommended Course Sequence (Part-Time Track)
- All courses from AVS must be earned with a grade of "C-" or better to be accepted in transfer.
- Course availability is subject to change.
- Recommended courses may be listed above for certain electives; consult with the Academic Advising Office (advising [at] arapahoe [dot] edu or 303.797.5664) for additional elective recommendations.
- Refer to 2023/2024 catalog for specific requirements and important information about this degree.
- *This course requires college level readiness as measured by Accuplacer, ACT, or SAT scores; approved high school course work that is less than five years old; or successful completion of appropriate college-readiness course.
- AAA 1001 – College 101: Student Experience is required for all new college students seeking degrees or transfer.
- In order to meet program requirements, students registered for ENG 1021 or ENG 1031 must also register for ENG 0094 unless they can demonstrate otherwise meeting the ENG 0094 standard through assessment testing, prior college coursework, or recent High School coursework. See an Advisor for details.