Advanced Automotive Electrical / Electronics Certificate - Academic Plan
Total Credits = 51
This program is designed as an apprenticeship program for those interested in a job as an advanced driveability specialist or would like to further their knowledge and training in advanced engine performance. Dealers are particularly interested in this specialty due to advances in technology on current model vehicles with increasing electrical/electronic devices. All entrance eligibility requirements for the certificate program are the same as the degree programs.
All tracks are filled on a first-come, first-served basis, dependent upon satisfactory MVR, criminal background checks, and drug screening.
Students wishing to pursue the two-year degree or the certificate programs must be signed into courses by the program director at the beginning of each semester to ensure that they are on track academically to graduate in the prescribed two-year period. Classes for the corporate tracks will be filled with dealer sponsored students first. General program students may be allowed to fill any remaining seats. All students, regardless of their chosen track, should be aware of automotive repair industry expectations, specifically that technicians must drive customer's vehicles as part of the repair process; thus, the technician and the student must have a clean motor vehicle record and valid driver's license. The hiring process at reputable repair shops and dealerships will include a drug screen and a thorough background investigation.
Recommended Course Sequence (Full-Time Track)
~Recommended English Course(s)~
- *This course requires college level readiness as measured by Accuplacer, ACT, or SAT scores; approved high school course work that is less than five years old; or successful completion of appropriate college-readiness course.
- Course availability is subject to change.
- In order to meet program requirements, students registered for ENG 1021 or ENG 1031 must also register for ENG 0094 unless they can demonstrate otherwise meeting the ENG 0094 standard through assessment testing, prior college coursework, or recent high school coursework. See an advisor for details.
- Recommended courses may be listed above for certain electives; consult with the Academic Advising Office (advising [at] arapahoe [dot] edu or 303.797.5664) for additional elective recommendations.
- Refer to 23/24 catalog for specific requirements and important information about this certificate.
- The Automotive program requires full time attendance. This certificate is in addition to the degree and cannot be taken separately. Please see Associate of Applied Science degree sheet for more information.