Web Design Certificate - Academic Plan
This certificate prepares students for entry-level positions in web design and is an excellent addition to the Associate of Applied Science Degree in Multimedia, Graphic Design and Illustration. Students without the degree are strongly encouraged to complete some instruction in graphic design prior to pursuing this certificate.
Total Credits = 30
|Required Courses - Major Courses||Credits||Pre or Co Reqs Required||Course Avaialable Fall?||Course Available Spring?||Course Available Summer?|
|MAN 2041 - Project Management in Organizations||3||No||Yes||No||No|
|MAR 2016 - Principles of Marketing||3||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|MGD 1011 - Adobe Photoshop I||3||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|MGD 1012 - Adobe Illustrator I||3||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|MGD 1041 - Web Design I||3||No||Yes||Yes||No|
|MGD 1043 - Motion Graphic Design I||3||No||Yes||Yes||No|
|MGD 2027 - Marcomm Practices||3||Yes||No||Yes||No|
|MGD 2041 - Web Design II||3||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|MGD 2042 - Web Architecture: Open Source||3||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|MGD 2058 - User Experience/User Interface Design (UX/UI)||3||Yes||No||Yes||No|
- Demonstrate applicable planning techniques when solving communication problems, including: identifying the problem, researching, analysis, solution generating, prototyping, user testing and outcome evaluation.
- Demonstrate an improved understanding of issues related to the cognitive, social, cultural, technological and economic contexts for design.
- Respond to audience contexts recognizing physical, cognitive, cultural and social human factors that shape design decisions
Recommended Course Sequence (Full-Time Track)
Recommended Course Sequence (Part-Time Track)
- Course availability is subject to change.
- Recommended courses may be listed above for certain electives; consult with the Academic Advising Office (advising [at] arapahoe [dot] edu or 303.797.5664) for additional elective recommendations.
- Refer to 2022/2023 catalog for specific requirements and important information about this certificate.
- Students considering designating a major in an MGD program must set an appointment with an MGD faculty member to discuss computer proficiency and their experience or interest in the field of design.