Law Enforcement AAS - Academic Plan
The Law Enforcement AAS Degree is designed for students who completed or plan to complete Arapahoe Community College's Law Enforcement Academy and are seeking a career in Law Enforcement. This program prepares students to be employed in law enforcement at departments requiring a two-year college degree.
Total Credits = 61
|Required Courses - General Education Courses||Credits||Pre or Co Reqs Required||Course Available Fall?||Course Available Spring?||Course Available Summer?|
COM 1150 - Public Speaking OR
COM 2250 - Organizational Communication*
|ENG 1021 - English Composition I: GT-CO1*||3||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|MAT 1260 - Introduction to Statistics GT-MAT1*||3||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|PED 1002 - Weight Training||1||No||Yes||Yes||No|
|PED 1010 - Fitness Center Activity I||1||No||Yes||Yes||No|
PSY 1001 - General Psychology I OR
PSY 1002 - General Psychology II*
|Required Courses - Major Courses||Credits||Pre or Co Reqs Required||Course Available Fall?||Course Available Spring?||Course Available Summer?|
|CRJ 1010 - Introduction to Criminal Justice: SS3*||3||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|CRJ 2009 - Criminal Investigation I*||3||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|CRJ 2078 - Seminar||3||Yes||No||Yes||No|
|Required Courses - Law Enforcement Academy Courses||Credits||Pre or Co Reqs Required||Course Available Fall?||Course Available Spring?||Course Available Summer?|
|LEA 1001 - Basic Police Academy I||6||No||Yes||Yes||No|
|LEA 1002 - Basic Police Academy II||12||No||Yes||Yes||No|
|LEA 1003 - Basic Law Enforcement Academy III||2||No||Yes||Yes||No|
|LEA 1004 - Basic Law Enforcement Academy IV||1||No||Yes||Yes||No|
|LEA 1005 - Basic Law||8||No||Yes||Yes||No|
|LEA 1006 - Arrest Control Techniques||3||No||Yes||Yes||No|
|LEA 1007 - Law Enforcement Driving||3||No||Yes||Yes||No|
|LEA 1008 - Firearms||3||No||Yes||Yes||No|
- Demonstrate leadership skills.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Display appropriate oral and written communication.
- Discuss how the criminal justice system operates.
- Explain individual rights, constitutional rights, and the due process procedures.
Recommended Course Sequence (Full-Time)
- *This course requires college level readiness as measured by Accuplacer, ACT, or SAT scores; approved high school course work that is less than five years old; or successful completion of appropriate college-readiness course.
- AAA 1001 – College 101: Student Experience is required for all new college students seeking degrees or transfer.
- Course availability is subject to change.
- In order to meet program requirements, students registered for ENG 1021 or ENG 1020 must also register for ENG 0094 unless they can demonstrate otherwise meeting the ENG 0094 standard through assessment testing, prior college coursework, or recent High School coursework. See an Advisor for details.
- Law Enforcement Academy courses completed through ACC's Law Enforcement Academy.
- Recommended courses may be listed above for certain electives; consult with the Academic Advising Office (advising [at] arapahoe [dot] edu or 303.797.5664) for additional elective recommendations.
- Refer to 2022/2023 catalog for specific requirements and important information about this degree.