Computer Graphics Certificate - Academic Plan
The courses in this certificate focus on the major software packages of the Adobe Creative Suite, with an emphasis on web and print packages. An additional restricted elective allows for the exploration in a variety of media, including video, 3D animation, and advanced topics. Students who wish to pursue a career in design are urged to obtain the Associate of Applied Science Degree in Multimedia, Graphic Design and Illustration. If students choose to continue their education, all major courses and several restricted electives in this certificate can be applied to the Associate Degree.
Total Credits = 18
|Required Courses - Major Courses||Credits||Pre or Co Reqs Required||Course Available Fall?||Course Available Spring?||Course Available Summer?|
|MGD 1011 - Adobe Photoshop I||3||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|MGD 1012 - Adobe Illustrator I||3||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|MGD 1013 - Adobe InDesign||3||No||Yes||Yes||No|
|MGD 1041 - Web Design I||3||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|MGD 1043 - Motion Graphic Design I||3||No||Yes||Yes||No|
|Required Courses - Elective Course(s)||Credits||Pre or Co Reqs Required||Course Available Fall?||Course Available Spring?||Course Available Summer?|
|Elective (See Notes for specific requirements)||3||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
Create visual responses to communication problems that demonstrate an understanding of hierarchy, typography, aesthetics, composition, and construction of meaningful images.
Recommended Course Sequence (Full-Time Track)
Recommended Course Sequence (Part-Time Track)
- Course availability is subject to change.
- Recommended courses may be listed above for certain electives; consult with the Academic Advising Office (advising [at] arapahoe [dot] edu or 303.797.5664) for additional elective recommendations.
- Refer to 2022/2023 catalog for specific requirements and important information about this certificate.
- Select one Elective course from the following: MGD 1001 - Introduction to Computer Graphics, MGD 1002 - Introduction to Multimedia, MGD 1053 - 3D Animation I, MGD 1064 - Digital Video Editing I, MGD 2011 - Photoshop II, MGD 2012 - Illustrator II, MGD 2041 - Web Design II, MGD 2043 - Motion Graphic Design II, MGD 2075 - Special Topics.
- Some courses are not available in the summer.
- Students considering designating a major in an MGD program must set an appointment with an MGD faculty member to discuss computer proficiency and their experience or interest in the field of design.