Business Transfer Major, AA Block Schedule - Academic Plan
The purpose of a statewide articulation agreement is to identify the courses a student at a Colorado public community college must complete as part of an AA/AS degree to be guaranteed to be able to complete the designated baccalaureate degree program at any public four-year college and university (hereafter referred to as receiving institutions) that offers that program within the minimum number of credits designated by the Colorado Commission on Higher Education.
Total Credits = 61
|Required Courses - General Education Courses||Credits||Pre or Co Reqs Required||Course Available Fall?||Course Available Spring?||Course Available Summer?|
|ECO 2001 - Principles of Macroeconomics: GT-SS1*||3||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|ECO 2002 - Principles of Microeconomics: GT-SS1*||3||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|ENG 1021 - English Composition I: GT-CO1*||3||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|ENG 1022 - English Composition II: GT-CO2||3||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
MAT 1340 - College Algebra OR
MAT 1320 - Finite Mathematics*
|MAT 1400 - Survey of Calculus: GT-MA1||4||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Natural/Physical Science GT-SC1-SC2||4||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Natural/Physical Science with Lab GT-SC1||4||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Required Courses - Additional Required Courses||Credits||Pre or Co Reqs Required||Course Available Fall?||Course Available Spring?||Course Available Summer?|
|ACC 1021 - Accounting Principles I||4||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|ACC 1022 - Accounting Principles II||4||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|BUS 1015 - Introduction to Business||3||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|BUS 2016 - Legal Environment of Business||3||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|BUS 2017- Business Communication & Report Writing||3||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|BUS 2026 - Business Statistics||3||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|COM 1150 - Public Speaking*||3||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
- Demonstrate the ability to write properly structured and organized business documents.
- Examine a business problem and design a course of action.
Recommended Sequence (Block Schedule - Session 1 Start)
Recommended Sequence (Block Schedule - Session 2 Start)
- *This course requires college level readiness as measured by Accuplacer, ACT, or SAT scores; approved high school course work that is less than five years old; or successful completion of appropriate college-readiness course.
- AAA 1001 – College 101: Student Experience is required for all new college students seeking degrees or transfer.
- Course availability is subject to change.
- In order to meet program requirements, students registered for ENG 1021 or ENG 1031 must also register for ENG 0094 unless they can demonstrate otherwise meeting the ENG 0094 standard through assessment testing, prior college coursework, or recent High School coursework. See an Advisor for details.
- Recommended courses may be listed above for certain electives; consult with the Academic Advising Office (advising [at] arapahoe [dot] edu or 303.797.5664) or the Business Department for additional elective recommendations.
- Refer to 2022/2023 catalog for specific requirements and important information about this degree.
- The Colorado Department of Higher Education website has additional information about this statewide agreement.