Business Administration - International Business and Foreign Language, AAS - Academic Plan
The Associate of Applied Science degree in Business Administration is designed to provide students with the skills needed in diverse public and private organizations. The program provides the business, management and marketing skills necessary for success in entry-level positions requiring foundations of greater responsibility, authority and leadership.
Students who complete the program will be viewed by potential employers as having a broad-based education necessary for today's team-oriented and globally-competitive environment.
The Business Administration program prepares students for careers in business, as well as providing students with instructional resources for the purpose of ongoing enhancement of skills. This program may transfer to other Colleges or universities and apply toward a bachelor's degree. Contact the ACC Advising Office or a Faculty Advisor in Business Administration for details.
Total Credits = 60
|Required Courses - General Education Courses||Credits||Pre or Co Reqs Required||Course Available Fall?||Course Available Spring?||Course Available Summer?|
|BUS 2026 - Business Statistics||3||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|CIS 1018 - Intro to PC Applications||3||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|COM 1150 - Public Speaking*||3||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
ECO 2001 - Principles of Macroeconomics OR
ECO 2002 - Principles of Microeconomics*
|ENG 1021 - English Composition I: GT-CO1*||3||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Required Courses - Major Courses||Credits||Pre or Co Reqs Required||Course Available Fall?||Course Available Spring?||Course Available Summer?|
|ACC 1021 - Accounting Principles I||4||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|BUS 1015 - Introduction to Business||3||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|BUS 2003 - Introduction to International Business||3||No||Yes||Yes||No|
|BUS 2016 - Legal Environment of Business||3||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|BUS 2017- Business Communication & Report Writing||3||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|BUS 2089 - Capstone||2||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|FIN 1010 - Introduction to Finance*||3||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|MAN 2024 - Leadership||3||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|MAN 2026 - Principles of Management||3||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|MAR 1006 - Marketing Your Image||3||No||Yes||Yes||No|
|MAR 1060 - Customer Service||3||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|MAR 2016 - Principles of Marketing||3||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Required Courses - Concentration Courses||Credits||Pre or Co Reqs Required||Course Available Fall?||Course Available Spring?||Course Available Summer?|
|BUS 2041 - Cultural Diversity in Business||3||No||No||Yes||No|
|BUS 2085 - Independent Study||1||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Foreign Language: Any 5-Credit Course||5||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
- Demonstrate the ability to write properly structured and organized business documents.
- Examine a business problem and design a course of action.
- Demonstrate the use of correct business terms.
- Contrast cultural differences between domestic and international business.
Recommended Course Sequence (Full-Time)
Recommended Course Sequence (Part-Time)
- *This course requires college level readiness as measured by Accuplacer, ACT, or SAT scores; approved high school course work that is less than five years old; or successful completion of appropriate college-readiness course.
- AAA 1001 – College 101: Student Experience is required for all new college students seeking degrees or transfer.
- Course availability is subject to change.
- In order to meet program requirements, students registered for ENG 1021 or ENG 1020 must also register for ENG 0094 unless they can demonstrate otherwise meeting the ENG 0094 standard through assessment testing, prior college coursework, or recent High School coursework. See an Advisor for details.
- Recommended courses may be listed above for certain electives; consult with the Academic Advising Office (advising [at] arapahoe [dot] edu or 303.797.5664) for additional elective recommendations.
- Refer to 2022/2023 catalog for specific requirements and important information about this degree.