Architectural Drafting Certificate - Academic Plan
The Architectural Drafting Certificate provides the educational background and basic technical training necessary for the student to seek employment within one of the area architecture firms. Students will be prepared for a variety of entry level positions that include Draftsperson or Computer Aided Design Technician. Refer to the catalog for basic skills assessment required for this program.
Any student who has an interest and feels they can profit from the program may enroll.
Total Credits = 28-29
|Required Courses - Major Courses||Credits||Pre or Co Reqs Required||Course Available Fall?||Course Available Spring?||Course Available Summer?|
|AEC 1250 - Architectural Design and Modeling||4||No||Yes||Yes||No|
|AEC 1510 - Building Materials||3||No||Yes||Yes||No|
|AEC 2220 - Architectural Graphics||3||No||Yes||No||No|
|AEC 2411 - Applied Structure Analysis||3||Yes||No||Yes||No|
|CAD 1101 - Computer Aided Drafting/2D I||3||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|CAD 1102 - Computer Aided Drafting/2D II||3||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|CAD 2402 - Computer Aided Drafting/Custom||3||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|CAD 2220 - Revit Architecture||3||No||Yes||Yes||No|
|Elective (See notes for specific requirements)||3-4||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
- Define and differentiate various building materials
- Design architectural scale and digital models
- Design digital graphics
Recommended Course Sequence (Full-Time Track)
Recommended Course Sequence (Part-Time Track)
- *This course requires college level readiness as measured by Accuplacer, ACT, or SAT scores; approved high school course work that is less than five years old; or successful completion of appropriate college-readiness course.
- Course availability is subject to change.
- Elective: Select one (1) course from MAT 1340 (recommended), MAT 1420, ENG 1021, GT course in Art/Humanities GT AH1- AH4, CAD course, or AEC course.
- Recommended courses may be listed above for certain electives; consult with the Academic Advising Office (advising [at] arapahoe [dot] edu or 303.797.5664) for additional elective recommendations.
- Refer to 2022/2023 catalog for specific requirements and important information about this certificate.