Do you own a business in or moving to Colorado? Let us help you ensure your staff is trained on the technology they need to succeed in your business and beyond!
The program's goals are to promote and encourage the expansion and well-being of existing Colorado companies and to attract new businesses to Colorado.
Download the brochure for more information on grants for the current cycle.
Colorado First and Existing Industry grants are administered by the
- Colorado Office of Economic Development and International Trade
- Colorado Community College System
Colorado First grants
Focus on companies relocating to Colorado or existing companies undertaking a major expansion and hiring new employees.
Existing Industry grants
Focus on Colorado companies deploying new technology to stay competitive and keeping jobs in Colorado. Approved training is for transferable job skills that support the company's economic competitiveness by providing its workers in new skills, and enhancing workers' resumes and long-term employment opportunities.
Criteria for grant applications are:
- Maximum grant awards are $1,200/FTE for Colorado First and $1,000/FTE for Existing Industry.
- Grant-funded training must be for permanent, full-time, non-seasonal, non-retail positions in Colorado, which have significant career opportunities and require substantive instruction.
- Grants are only awarded to companies that meet a sustainable wage threshold: in urban areas; employers must pay an average wage of at least $13/hour; average wage in rural areas must be at least $10/hour.
- All grant-funded training must be customized to meet specific company needs
- Applicant companies must pay for a minimum of 40% of the total training costs
- An on-site visit of the applicant company is required
Grant Application Process and Procedure Documents are located here. However, we encourage you to contact us prior to completing forms.
To discuss your eligibility for a Colorado First or Existing Industry grant, call us at 303.797.5723.