If you are 18 years of age or older, you may enroll in Community Education courses. High school graduation is not necessary. Students 16 or 17 years of age may enroll in some courses with permission of the instructor which must be received prior to the start of a class. Any other exceptions are noted in the course description. Refer to offerings in the Youth College section of the schedule if you are younger than 16 years of age.
Assume you are enrolled in a course for which you register unless you hear from us. Confirmations are not sent. Mark your calendars with course days, dates, times and places. You will be called if there is a change in your course.
Course Cancellation Notification
Sometimes we may need to cancel a course due to insufficient enrollment. You will be called if a cancellation occurs. Remember to register early to help us avoid cancelling a class.
- To drop a course which meets a minimum of three sessions and receive a refund, call the Community Education Program Office, 303.797.5722 the day following the first session, except for computer courses which must be dropped 24 hours prior to scheduled date. ABSOLUTELY no refunds will be made after that time.
- To drop a course which meets two sessions or less and receive a refund, call the Community Education Program Office, 303.797.5722 no later than 24 hours prior to the scheduled date. ABSOLUTELY no refunds will be made after the course has been held.
- Some courses have special refund policies. That information is included with the course description
- You will receive a 100% refund for any class which is cancelled.
- IF YOU PAID BY A CHARGE/CREDIT CARD, you are eligible for a refund back to the original card provided the card is still valid and the payment is not over 184 days old.
- IF YOU PAID BY CHECK OR CASH, REFUNDS WILL BE SENT IN THE FORM OF A CHECK FROM THE STATE OF COLORADO. Refunds are sent to the person who is registered for the course, which may differ from the person who paid for the course, unless other arrangements are made. DO NOT STOP A PAYMENT.
Code of Conduct
Students enrolled in non-credit classes are subject to provisions and policies of Arapahoe Community College as outlined in the ACC Student Handbook.
Reasonable accommodation will be provided upon request if you have a disability. Please notify the Community Education Program, 303.797.5722, a minimum of 30 days prior to the starting date of the course. Further information and forms are available through the Disability Services office.
Courses held at the public schools will follow public school closing information. Courses at other locations will follow the college’s closing schedule. Call the snow hotline at 303.797.4222 for information. Additionally, visit the ACC web site for further details and/or listen to local radio and television stations.
The Community Education Program at ACC receives no state tax monies. It is totally self-supported by your enrollment fees.
Drug and Alcohol Prevention Program
Information and policies are available on the Web site and in the ACC Student Affairs Office, Room M2820. ACC supports the efforts of local, state and federal governments in promoting a drug free America, pursuant to Public Law 101
ACC does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, creed, color, age, national origin, sexual orientation, religion, veteran status or individual disability, in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs and activities. Inquiries concerning Title VI, Title IX, and Section 504 and the Americans With Disabilities Act may be referred to the Human Resource Office, 5900 S. Santa Fe Drive, Room CSB 1015, Littleton, CO, 80160, Phone 303.797.5724, or the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Dept. of Education, 1961 Stout Street, Denver, CO, 80294.
Family Education Rights and Privacy Act
ACC complies fully with FERPA, which affords students certain rights with respect to their education records, including protecting the privacy of, and insuring the right to inspect and review, the records. More information is available in the Office of Admissions & Records, Room M2470.