MISSION AND PHILOSOPHY STATEMENTS
The mission of Arapahoe Community College, Department of Nursing is to advance professional nursing practice by delivering high quality, accessible education which prepares learners to meet complex health and wellness needs of diverse clients and communities.
The philosophy of Arapahoe Community College’s Nursing Department is based on the following core values:
- Life-long Learning – Nursing practice is constantly evolving and information technologies are ever changing, the ability to adapt and grow professionally is essential.
- Respect for Differences – Everyone is shaped and influenced by unique life experiences. Diversity enriches the environments in which we live, work and learn.
- Culture of Caring – Compassionate, culturally competent care better serves clients and communities and supports a holistic, patient-centered focus.
- Integrity – Honesty, ethical practice, respect and personal accountability in all interactions, personal, professional and academic.
- Quality – Promoting a culture of inquiry and a mindset of continual quality improvement advances safe, evidence-based practice through the science of nursing.
- Community – Fostering partnerships, teamwork and respectful communication with multiple disciplines as a collaborator and manager of care needs across the healthcare continuum.