Do you love numbers? Are you the financial guru in your family? Are you looking for a career in a stable field with numerous opportunities? Then it is time you take a look at our Accounting program. Whether you are preparing for a career in accounting or want to improve your understanding of the "language of business," we can help you complete your educational goals.
Why choose ACC's Accounting program?
- We integrate the use of technology in all accounting courses. The degree includes courses in economics, finance and law
- Our courses may also help you meet your educational requirements for professional certifications such as: Certified Public Accountant, Certified Managerial Accountant, Certified Bookkeeper, Certified Payroll Professional
- Our courses are small so you can get one-on-one time with your instructors
- Get the flexibility you need with on-campus and online course options
- You will begin networking and gain real-world experience through internships as part of the program
- Curriculum for the program is guided by our Advisory Committee, made up of local business members working in the industry with extensive knowledge of what skills are needed and in demand
What can I do when I receive my Accounting degree?
Once you get your A.A.S. Degree in Accounting, you can begin your accounting career immediately in roles such as:
- Full Charge Bookkeeper
- Accounts Payable Clerk
- Accounting Clerk
- Inventory Clerk
- Income Tax Preparer
- Accounts Receivable Clerk
- Billing Clerk
- Payroll Clerk
Full- and part-time positions are available. As an ACC student/alum, you have access to ACC Career Connect to help you on your job search. You may also find great opportunities through Robert Half and Accountemps.
Within the A.A. Degree-Business Transfer Concentration, ACC 121 and ACC 122 are included as transferable courses to several Colorado public four-year institutions such as Colorado State University, Metropolitan State University of Denver and the University of Colorado Denver.
The A.A.S. Degree in Accounting will transfer to several 4-year institutions. Visit our Career and Transfer Center to learn more about your options.
Are you ready to turn your financial savvy into a rewarding career? Apply now and we will help you Move Mountains!