Hello ACC Pumas!
Countdown to Fall 2021 and the start of classes...
ACTION ITEM FOR Today, Tuesday, August 17: Know how your course will be offered! Do you need to be on campus? Do you need to log in and how will that work? What the heck is D2L (Desire2Learn)?
- Please see instructions in this message to determine HOW, WHERE and WHEN the course you are enrolled in will meet.
- All courses offered by ACC should have course access details posted in Desire2Learn (D2L) as of Thursday, August 19. CCCOnline courses will be have D2L access on the first scheduled day of the class. Please read this entire message to determine the differences between ACC Online and CCC Online course offerings. Please note – not all details of the course may be posted yet in D2L, but the details of how the class will meet should be in D2L by this Thursday.
- This is a time of change for the COVID-19 pandemic. ACC will carefully monitor the recommendations and requirements of the Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment (CDPHE), Tri-County Health Department (TCHD), and the Governor’s Office.
- You can see important information about how ACC courses are offered HERE.
How do I check how my courses will be offered?
- In myACC -> Student Tab (across top) -> Student Schedule (on left side of screen), check your course schedule. The course title will link to Desire2Learn (D2L). This will have information specific to your course.
- You may download the Navigate App and check your schedule via Navigate on your mobile device. Download links and learn how to use Navigate.
- Note the DATE the course starts. Some courses are accelerated and may not start until a date in September. Check the date!
- Note the Building and Room or Where the schedule indicates the class will meet. If the ROOM indicates REMOTE, see the descriptions of how those courses will be offered.
- Check out this helpful information on how to make sense of the abbreviations and codes on the course schedule. Double-check the Campus – does your course meet in Parker, or Sturm / Castle Rock, Littleton or Art & Design?
- Courses that are REMOTE or ONLINE (ACCOnline or CCCOnline) will not move to in person mid-semester. While we will do our best to avoid it, ACC may have to switch an in person course to VIRTUAL or REMOTE if needed as response to the COVID-19 pandemic. We will do our best to avoid this. You can help by wearing the required mask and getting a vaccine.
WHAT DOES IT MEAN???
In Person will have a ROOM and a day and time. If there is a room and room number/where, with a date and time, this course will be in person.
Example 1: Your AAA 101 course meets Monday & Wednesday, starting August 23rd at ACC Main Building at 3pm. In myACC -> Student Tab (across top) -> Student Schedule (on left side of screen), check your course schedule. The course title will link to Desire2Learn (D2L). I will then plan to physically go to class on Monday, August 23rd to the class location.
Example 2: Humanities (HUM 115 – World Mythology) meets Thursday nights, 5:30 – 8:30pm once a week at the ACC Parker Campus, and starts September 9, 2021. While Fall semester starts the week of August 23rd, this class is accelerated and does not start until September 9. Students can see meeting instructions in myACC -> Student Tab (across top) -> Student Schedule (on left side of screen), check your course schedule. The course title will link to Desire2Learn (D2L). I will not physically go to class until the week of September 9 and will check D2L closer to September 3 for specific course instructions.
Example 3: English (ENG 121 – Composition I) meets Tuesdays and Thursdays 10:00 – 11:15am in AM4770 (ACC Main Building, 4th floor, room 4770). Instructors will posting specific courses information in D2L on August 19th. In myACC -> Student Tab (across top) -> Student Schedule (on left side of screen), check your course schedule. The course title will link to Desire2Learn (D2L).
REMOTE: In the student schedule, ROOM or WHERE will indicate REMOTE. If your class says 10 – 10:50am on M & W, you will log in and join a Zoom or another platform (your instructor will tell you – don’t worry!) every Monday & Wednesday at 10am. Watch for an email communication from the instructor prior to the first day of class. On Thursday, August 19, students will have access to each ACC course and any links for video conferences in D2L. Navigation to D2L shells can be found via Course Access or Student Schedule in myACC. A course that is REMOTE will not change to In Person during the Fall 2021 semester.
ONLINE: (no changes for Fall 2021. These courses are offered in this format pre-COVID)
Students may take online courses offered either by ACCOnline or CCCOnline. ACCOnline courses are taught by ACC instructors who know ACC degrees and certificates and support resources for students. CCCOnline courses are taught by instructors who are a part of the Colorado Community College System. Either type of online courses are accessed via D2L by selecting the Course Access icon in myACC. A course that is ONLINE will not change to In Person during the Fall 2021 semester.
There are other options of courses, but the majority of ACC offerings will be in person, remote or online. We do have additional courses (HyFlex, Remote Anytime) and you can find these detailed course type descriptions and how to tell which is which by viewing our Fall 2021 course descriptions on ACC’s COVID-19 response website.
You might be asking yourself – what is the difference between Remote and ACC Online or CCCOnline? Remote courses WOULD have been offered in person if the health concerns of a global pandemic had not impacted ACC’s course schedule. ACC has always offered both ACCOnline and CCCOnline courses.
Previous Action Items:
ACTION ITEM FOR Monday, August 16: Masks required and other important information on how to submit your info if you received a vaccine to win $$$! Two great opportunities and you can do both!
You can review the entire email communication from Monday, August 16 online. All students enrolled as of August 16 should have received the email. Students enrolling since August 16 can find the email content online.