Economics Transfer Major, AA
CIP 240101 (ECON)
The purpose of a statewide articulation agreement is to identify the courses a student at a Colorado public community college must complete as part of an AA/AS degree to be guaranteed to be able to complete the designated baccalaureate degree program at public four-year colleges and universities as designated by the Colorado Department of Higher Education (CDHE) transfer agreement.
For more information about this transfer degree please refer to the Colorado Department of Higher Education website.
- GT - Three Guaranteed Transfer Arts & Humanities courses (GT-AH1, GT-AH2, GT-AH3, or GT-AH4)
- GT - One Guaranteed Transfer History course (GT-HI1)
- GT - Two Guaranteed Transfer Natural and Physical Sciences courses (GT-SC1, GT-SC2), one must be with laboratory (GT-SC1).
Elective credit must be completed from the following lists of approved prefixes or courses to bring the total credit hours to 60.
- Any Guaranteed Transfer course.
- Any course in the following prefixes except Special Topics, Independent Study, Capstone, and Internships: ANT, ART, BIO (100 OR above), CHE, ECO, HIS, HUM, LIT, MUS, PED, PHI, PHY (105 OR above), POS, PSY, SOC.
- ENG 131 - Technical Writing I: GT-CO1 3 Credits (OR higher ENG course)
- HWE 124 - Fitness and Wellness 2 Credits
- MAT 120 - Mathematics for Liberal Arts: GT-MA1 4 Credits (OR higher MAT course)
- ANY Foreign Language (including ASL) numbered 111 or higher
Any additional courses taken in the discipline covered by this agreement might not count toward the requirements of the major at the receiving institution.
All courses required for this degree must be completed with a "C" or better to be considered for transfer to another Colorado institution. Transferability of courses to colleges or universities outside of Colorado is determined by the receiving institution.
- Apply for graduation online atwww.arapahoe.edu/graduation.