Move Mountains! Design your Career!
Are you looking for a high-demand career that will allow you to inspire and captivate people around the world? Begin your journey at ACC in our Multimedia, Graphic Design and Illustration program. Your courses will include both lecture and lab participation involving design theory, typography, production, advertising, and portfolio development while learning and utilizing the latest design software. Your curriculum plan includes electives to allow you to further explore areas of design like illustration and web design. You'll learn to use graphic design to create memorable images, campaigns, posters, websites, films and more in our state-of-the-art facilities.
Our program is housed within the Art & Design Center at ACC, which gives our students the opportunity to work with students in other creative programs, such as Architectural Engineering, Studio Arts, Compter Aided Drafting, Interior Design, Art History, and Engineering Graphics Technologies. This access will help you broaden your knowledge base and career skills. Join our Studio ACC team and get real-world experience designing promotional materials for other programs on campus and the community.
Our faculty will help you develop a portfolio for a career using multimedia, graphic design, and illustration skills. Your A.A.S. degree will open up a wide range of opportunities in the professional world, from advertising to web design and everything in between.
When enrolled in our program, you will benefit from:
- Personal, hands-on training on Macintosh™ computers
- State-of-the-art computer labs
- Instruction in Adobe InDesign®, Illustrator®, Photoshop®, Dreamweaver™, Flash™, Premiere and After Effects
- Professional training in traditional illustration
- An excellent education in the basics
- Practical course work in graphic design production
- Internship opportunities
- Challenging curriculum
- Studies relevant to today’s market needs
- Strong emphasis on design fundamentals, theory and conceptual work
- Balanced, real-world education
ACC graduates have careers in:
- Advertising specialties production
- Television (print collateral support)
- Small and mid-size design firms
- Freelance graphic and web design
- In-house corporate design departments
- Advertising agencies
ACC graduates have continued their studies at:
- Metropolitan State University of Denver
- Colorado State University
- University of Northern Colorado
- Parsons School of Design
- Rocky Mountain College of Art & Design
- University of Colorado Film School