Cosmetology and Salon Management
With your Colorado cosmetology license, plus 30 credits from ACC you will gain the skills you need to excel in salon management and business ownership. Within 2 semesters you can take your license and education to the next level.
Are you a licensed cosmetologist looking to start your own business but you aren't sure where to start? We can help you get the business skills you need to succeed! If you already have your Colorado cosmetology license, you're halfway to an Associate of Applied Science in Cosmetology and Salon Management. You can complete this degree within 2 semesters.
What You'll Learn
When you get your AAS in Cosmetology and Salon Management, you'll gain the skills you need to own your own business or manage someone else's, including:
- Legal aspects of business
- Communication and public speaking
CIP 120401 (CSMA)
The Cosmetology and Salon Management AAS Degree offers a solid foundation for students to start a career in a salon or to prepare them for one day opening their own salon. Students with a completed certificate in cosmetology from Arapahoe Community College, or who have a Colorado State Cosmetology License, can complete an additional 31 credits and earn their Associates of Applied Science (AAS) degree.
- Admission to Arapahoe Community College
- Possession of a valid Colorado State Cosmetology License (or completion of the Cosmetology certificate at Arapahoe Community College)
Any credit-bearing COS, EST, or NAT course numbered 100 or above that is offered by the College (30 Credits)
- Apply for graduation online at www.arapahoe.edu/graduation.
- As a graduate of a Career and Technical Education program you will be contacted by an ACC employee in approximately six months to verify your employment information. This information gathering is a federal requirement to ensure that ACC receives certain federal funding.
ACC academic plans will help guide you through your chosen program. The academic plan will provide you with important information, like which semesters courses are offered, if there are any pre-requisites or co-requisites for courses, program outcomes, course sequence recommendations, notes for the program, graduation requirements and other important information. These are updated annually, so we recommend downloading a copy of yours to keep on track to graduation.
Is a Cosmetology and Salon Management AAS degree right for you?
The Cosmetology and Salon Management AAS degree offers a solid foundation for you to start a career in a salon or to prepare you for opening your own salon. With this degree you can:
- Complement your technical skills by strengthening your business savvy
- Increase your income by being your own boss
- Work independently
- Enjoy a flexible schedule
- Become an entrepreneur
- Take classes online or in-person to fit your needs
Job Potential in Salon Management
Getting an Associate of Applied Science degree in Cosmetology and Salon Management can boost your career. With your degree, you can have a career as a: