Hello faculty and instructors,
ACC will be convening our Emergency Management Operations Group this Friday to confirm a formal ACC plan for the Coronavirus COVID 19. In the meantime, here are some guidelines for you:
- If students need to self-quarantine or are sick and required to stay home, please work with them to complete assignments and receive information through D2L.
- You may need to build in temporary flexibility related to your attendance policies as we do not want to be punitive with students who cannot make it to class.
- For faculty and instructors who need to stay home, please discuss with your department chair, director, or dean options for moving your class online. You can move your class(es) to D2L or other distance tool such as WebEx, MashMe, or Zoom.
- If you are too sick to work, please work with your department chairs, directors, or deans to get your classes covered, per the faculty handbook.
- For more information on the Coronavirus, the resources below include the CDPHE help line where answers are available in English, Spanish, and Mandarin.
- People who have general questions about COVID-19 can call the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment at CO HELP at 303-389-1687 or 1-877-462-2911, or email them at COHELP [at] RMPDC [dot] org, for answers in English and Spanish (Español), Mandarin (普通话), and more.
- Other reliable sources of information:
Thank you for your patience and assistance.
Rebecca Woulfe, PhD
Vice President for Instruction and Provost
rebecca [dot] woulfe [at] arapahoe [dot] edu