EMT-Basic and EMT-Basic Enhanced admission requirements:
- Complete an ACC application and meet all admission requirements.
- Be at least 18 years of age to attend off-site emergency department clinicals.
- Have a current CPR certificate American Heart Association Health Care Provider.
- Immunizations: Hepatitis B (the first two injections for EMT Basic and full series for IV), MMR, Tetanus and Chicken Pox, TB skin test no more than 3 months prior to the start of class, seasonal flu vaccination.
- Score of 80 or greater on the ACCUPLACER reading test and 95 or greater in sentence skills. Exception: Students who have received a 4-year degree or successfully finished ENG 121.
- All ACC EMS students must get a criminal background check and drug screening.
You should begin this process at least two weeks prior to the start of the on-campus EMT Basic or IV class. You must present documents at the first class meeting.