ACC has the only accredited online HIT program in Colorado. Program outcome is 92% for RHIT certification exam pass rate. This program is entirely online with the exception of the two practicum courses.
The Health Information Technology program will enable you to develop the technical skills necessary for managing health information in the healthcare delivery system. This field offers job opportunities in hospitals, long-term care and ambulatory care facilities, and private industry.
- Our program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management (CAHIIM)
- As a graduate of the HIT program, you will be eligible to take the national Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) certification exam and receive the RHIT credential.
- All required courses are offered online except for HIT188 and HIT289 practicum experiences.
- Your faculty will be accessible to you.
- HIT Curriculum & Plans of Study
Following are the basic requirements for admission to the HIT Program:
- High school graduation or GED equivalence
- Interview with Program Chair
- Criminal Background Check (prior to the first practicum, HIT188)
Accuplacer scores of 95 or higher on sentence skills, 80 or higher on reading comprehension and 36 or higher on arithmetic or appropriate prior college-level courses.
For more information about this profession, visit the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA), the national association of health information management (HIM) professionals.