ACC accepts transfer credits from other institutions. To receive a transcript evaluation:
- Complete an ACC application.
- Follow steps on the Registration Checklist.
- Send an official transcript directly to ACC. ACC considers hand-delivered transcripts unofficial. Mail transcripts to:
- Arapahoe Community College
- Admissions and Records
- 5900 South Santa Fe Drive
- P.O. Box 9002
- Littleton, CO 80160-9002
Transfer Transcripts and Official Credit Evaluations:
Students must be admitted to ACC to have a transfer credit evaluation. To have their transcripts evaluated, students must order their official transcripts and have them sent DIRECTLY to ACC from the institution(s) the student attended. Hand-delivered transcripts will not be accepted as official for transfer credit evaluation purposes.
Transfer credit will be examined based on:
- Course by course, based on the requirements for the student's declared degree or certificate.*
- Evaluation of the title, description and content of the course being considered for transfer and the course required in the degree or certificate.
- Credits accepted in transfer from institutions operating on a quarter hour system, will have their credits converted into semester hours. The formula to convert quarter hours to semester hours is: (credit hours x two) / three. For example, a three quarter credit hour course will convert to a two semester credit hour course (3 x 2 = 6; 6 / 3 = 2).
- The credit value of the required course at ACC must be covered in full by equivalent transfer course credit value. If appropriate based on a review of the title, description and content of the transfer courses, multiple transfer courses may be combined to be considered equivalent to the ACC course.*
- Generally speaking, a maximum of 45 credits will be accepted in transfer toward degree requirements.*
- Generally speaking, a maximum of 75% of the credit requirements for a certificate may be satisfied by transfer credit.*
- A grade of "C-" or better is required for a course to be considered for transfer.*
- *Please note: some degree or certificate programs may have more restrictive transfer credit evaluation requirements; please contact the Graduation Coordinator / Transcript Evaluator for more information.
- Students will receive confirmation of their transfer credit evaluation after their transcript(s) is received by ACC. Students can check what courses were transferred in and how they apply to their declared degree or certificate program by accessing DegreeCheck in myACC.
* Foreign transcripts are not evaluated at ACC. If you have a foreign transcript that you would like to have evaluated for possible transfer credit, please reach out to a Foreign Education Credential Service.